Coach of the year candidates

BmarvB

2018 NFL Coach of the year  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice for 2018 Coach of the year?

• Anthony Lynn - Chargers
    • Matt Nagy - Bears
    • Frank Reich - Colts
    • Andy Reid - Chiefs
    • Sean McVay - Rams

i want to be completely biased and vote for Reich or Lynn, but what Nagy has done is way more incredible.  The past couple of seasons, the Bears were pretty much a rollover team and has always sunk at the bottom of their division.  Now, they look like a team that's gonna be in control of their division for years to come.

So this may not be a very popular opinion and I don't think he's going to win but if I could pick a sleeper it would be Pete Carroll.  The way he has been able to keep Seattle winning and ahead in the wildcard race after all that they have lost particularly on defense as well as dealing with Baldwin missing some games to injury I thought they would actually regress this year.  Gotta admit he has done a fantastic job with them this season.

Man the Bills & our bonehead moves... Anthony Lynn & Mahomes makes everyone from the Pegula's to McDermott look like they're clueless on talented people. 

I'm not saying we're doom... but man we had some great options 2 years ago & we failed to go that route. It's like we're 2 years behind...

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

9 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Man the Bills & our bonehead moves... Anthony Lynn & Mahomes makes everyone from the Pegula's to McDermott look like they're clueless on talented people. 

I'm not saying we're doom... but man we had some great options 2 years ago & we failed to go that route. It's like we're 2 years behind...

Man...I hear ya...

At least you liked the Allen pick right?

17 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I don’t think they look bad with McD over Lynn, I mean McD took a way worse team than the Chargers to the playoffs last year.  This year was a rebuilding year, and future looks bright with Allen too.  

Im quite thrilled with what our future look likes right now.  You know it’s possible for Lynn to do well and McD to do well right?  Doesn’t have to be one over the other 

13 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Anthony Lynn shouldn't even be on the vote. That guys hasnt done anything for Chargers. They were a playoff ready team before him and are the exact same with him.

They were a playoff talented team who constantly bottled it, were poorly coached and didn't actually make the playoffs. 

Lynn walked into a great roster but a weak mindset and that is where his best work has been. 

Frank Reich for me though. The Colts for the first time in a long, long time are not soft. 

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Man...I hear ya...

At least you liked the Allen pick right?

I didn't at first....but honestly...the kid is growing on me every week. I'm starting to like him & it gets me mad at the same time. I wish our front office put more emphasis on our offense this past draft. I like Edmonds... but felt if we were going to go Allen (who i really didnt want), then go get him Ridley or Sutton or DJ Moore... someone that can grow with him this year. 

It just seems like we're a step behind every year. 

Example, if we draft a WR, he has to go through his growing pains, while Allen might be ready to take the next step... but now his weapons isn't ready. Ridley going through his pains now...after starting off hot. These things happens with rookie WR's... 

13 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Example, if we draft a WR, he has to go through his growing pains, while Allen might be ready to take the next step... but now his weapons isn't ready. Ridley going through his pains now...after starting off hot. These things happens with rookie WR's... 

Yep the 2014 WR class rather re-drew some expectations for fans as to how quickly young receivers contribute. The norm is that it is a process and they don't come in and be bona fide #1 receivers straight off the bat. Which is why it is critically important (as Badol and I touched on in the FA thread) that the Bills find a way to get a proven vet in here at the position in 2019 to be a comfort blanket for Allen and a teacher and leader for the other guys in the WR room. Foster and McKenzie have flashed down the stretch, Zay has taken a step from last year (though still has some way to go) and they are likely to draft 1 or 2 WRs in this draft as well. But there is a hole for a vet. They clearly hoped on Kelvin Benjamin being that guy. He wasn't, but there is still a need for a vet in there.

EDIT: Just for comparisons sake - TY Hilton and DeAndre Hopkins are #1 receivers who had decent rookie years. But they had decent rookie years as the #2. Hilton had 50 catches for 861 and 7TDs. The #1 on that team was an ageing vet Reggie Wayne who had 106 catches for 1,355 and 5 TDs. Hopkins as a rookie went 52 catches for 802 and 2TDs. The #1 on that team was Andre Johnson who went 109 catches for 1,407 and 5TDs. Wayne that year was 34. Johnson that year was 32. Nobody would argue that either of them were at the peak of their powers by that stage and yet them being there allowed the rookie to come in and learn and contribute without the expectation of being the guy. That is the model I want the Bills to follow.

Edited by GunnerBill

12 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Oh for corn’s sake!  Based upon the amount of destruction and havoc created:  CHUCKIE!

Nobody said it had to be a good coach.  ?

(The horror!...the horror!)

...so he's your second choice after Hugh got fired??..........