Ever been taken to cleaner by the Tolls ?

Teddy KGB

Local bridge here is taking me to the woodshed for 700.00 over a handful of trips across the bridge with some ungodly late fees.  

Paying 106.00 for one trip across in 2016.  

Anyone else ever get fleeced with insane charges due to late toll payments ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No.  I just pay my tolls to the toll troll when I cross his bridge.

I wish that was an option as I would be out 50.00 not 700.00 

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Usually, if you're diligent about it, they'll remove the late fees. Sometimes, because i use Slea-z-pass, I get the point where I've depleted it and accidentally cross without toll. A simple phone call will fix the issue

Not with this bridge.   They will not assist at all and have me by the balls through DMV restraints. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How long were you delinquent?

Couple years.    I have 5 accounts for some reason with 3 diff debt collectors for one truck 

They won’t consolidate them into one and assess fees on that or let me pay through them 

Thought I owed them 100 w late fees assessed but now I’m on the hook for 700

Edited by Teddy KGB

Should have used the lock and dam.  It's toll free, "common highways"... Guaranteed toll free by the US Constitution.

$700.00.  How many times did you not pay?

Deadbeat.

25 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Usually, if you're diligent about it, they'll remove the late fees. Sometimes, because i use Slea-z-pass, I get the point where I've depleted it and accidentally cross without toll. A simple phone call will fix the issue

This.

If you miss a toll.  Just go online and pay right away.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's one trip cost?  Probably goes up by axle too (higher for semis)?

$35 iirc. I was just up there and considered crossing it but $70 to go over and back didn't sound good unless I knew I could get a U-eey on the other side before the toll.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

It is but I’m a fan as you can actually pay there as opposed to this pay by plate nonsense that doesn’t give you that option 

I can't stand that *****. I was driving to Baltimore years ago and got stuck in a lane that did ya in by the plate without easy pass. No one was letting me merge.  They sent me a bill for $7.60 or some ***** like that. I called over the course of 3 months and told them I'd never pay and that they can take me to collections if they dared but then I'd file suit against them for extortion by some law I made up of NC law and basically annoyedthe ***** out of them until they dropped it. It was a slow time at work so I spent maybe 10 hours all told on it while bored at the day job.