Ever been taken to cleaner by the Tolls ?

Teddy KGB

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

in New York there was a bill passed to ensure anyone "charged with the payment of a cashless toll fee in the state have the option to be notified by text message or electronic mail that the fee has been charged."  It was vetoed by Cuomo.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/cuomo-vetoes-toll-payer-protection-act/1680267814

A law requiring the state notify me they are charging me for a toll I just drove through??

What an idiotic piece of legislation.  Nice of Cuomo to use some common sense for a change.

Not exactly taken to the cleaners, but overcharged. 

I was getting onto the Thruway, and there was an accident that blocked my on ramp.  I was told to turn around and take the local roads to the next exit, about ten miles away.   Fine.  But my EZ pass account was billed for the maximum toll since I got on and off at the same exit. I wrote to EZ pass to explain.  Crickets.

Went from Cleveland to Toronto airport and Google maps took me on 407 ETR road for about 10 miles before I realized it was a boothless toll system. It was $3-4 for the toll, problem was, they automatically tacked on $15 to set up an account so now I owed them $20 for 8 minutes of driving!  I have EZPass too. 

I tried to call them for a month but never got through so I finally ignored it and it went away.

So far the Canadian extradition papers haven't shown up!

16 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Went from Cleveland to Toronto airport and Google maps took me on 407 ETR road for about 10 miles before I realized it was a boothless toll system. It was $3-4 for the toll, problem was, they automatically tacked on $15 to set up an account so now I owed them $20 for 8 minutes of driving!  I have EZPass too. 

I tried to call them for a month but never got through so I finally ignored it and it went away.

So far the Canadian extradition papers haven't shown up!

Be careful in some Ontario counties if you return, they might lock you up.