Need planning help: Taking Scout Troop to Niagara Falls in June

AmishRifle

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You don't sound like a St.Joe's grad.

I went there almost daily for quite a while! I think I graduated.....  but that was along time ago.

Sister Jeanne would be ashamed of me. 

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Go to mass with your wife tomorrow...7am.

She knows I’m down with 10:30 every week.  

So she goes to 7:15.  ?

Whatever makes her happy. She’s a saint. (Who gets up about 4-5:00am, and 7:15 is almost midday to her.) 

7 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Go to mass with your wife tomorrow...7am.

@Augie wife does not go to mass. She has special dispensation and a direct entry into heaven for being married to him and not commitimh any heinous crimes against his person. Takes a special woman, God  knows that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I recommend Ten Thousand Buddhas Sarira Stupa Temple (Cham Shan Buddhist Temple)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154998-d3547891-Reviews-Cham_Shan_Temple-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html

It does not cost anything, not far from the falls and nice break spot.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

@Augie wife does not go to mass. She has special dispensation and a direct entry into heaven for being married to him and not commitimh any heinous crimes against his person. Takes a special woman, God  knows that. 

Hell in life and Heaven after life?  I sort of would want the opposite.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

She used to commit heinous crimes against my person. She stopped when she realized how much I liked it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If in Buffalo.  Go to the foot of Ferry Street on the West Side, off of Niagara Street.  Do a hike on Bird Island Pier. Go all the way out into mouth of Lake.  Heck, Serviceman's Park, the submarine USS Croaker, Little Rock and Fighting Sullivan's tour?  Then head to Falls.

When I was a Scout in early 1980s... We camped out on the destroyer USS Little Rock.  Not sure if they still do that. ??

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If in Buffalo.  Go to the foot of Ferry Street on the West Side, off of Niagara Street.  Do a hike on Bird Island Pier. Go all the way out into mouth of Lake.  Heck, Serviceman's Park, the submarine USS Croaker, Little Rock and Fighting Sullivan's tour?  Then head to Falls.

When I was a Scout in early 1980s... We camped out on the destroyer USS Little Rock.  Not sure if they still do that. ??

Thanks!  I checked, they do offer the overnights on the ships still.  Great idea!

4 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

Thanks!  I checked, they do offer the overnights on the ships still.  Great idea!

Awesome.  We were one of the first groups ever.  They forgot, didn't cordon off parts of ship... Had the whole destroyer, and cruisers Sullivan's... LoL... We opened up every hatch and bulkhead there were!  Ran about the place.  Battle ships make great hide and go seek venues!  Boy did we get in trouble!!!! LoL...

With all the talk about the Army Corps of Engineers in the Great Lakes water flow / diversion thread, would it be possible to visit the Black Rock lock, that lets larger boats navigate safely that stretch of swift river from the Peace Bridge to the International Railroad Bridge?  If the troop does go to Canada, the museum at Lock 3 on the Welland Canal is excellent.  If you stay stateside, EII might be able to advise if you can arrange a visit to the Corps’ Buffalo office.

The maritime heritage of Buffalo can be viewed from different tours that traverse the Buffalo River, which vary from year to year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1