OT- I owe my new life to stevestojan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I feel like I need to contribue.  I am glad you got a job there and took advantage of Geico.  I know from family members there are many folks refusing to apply there due to lack of union, lower pay then what they can get if they hold out waiting for one of the county/city jobs, etc...  Will you get rich there, probably not, but they have good living wages, good benefits, and opportunity with their testing programs and education to move up in the company.  We have one near me and we know plenty of folks that that started in the basic jobs who are now in their IT department making 60K plus.

286504[/snapback]

I have a friend who is a supervisor with Geico here in Va Bch who told me a little about how they pay.

While obviously you're right that he won't get rich working there (who gets rich working for somebody else - outside of pro athletes?), Geico pays it's employees based on regional factors such as cost of living, tax rates, and property values. Virginia employees are amongst the lowest paid in the company while NYC employees are the highest. Geico is going to pay Bflo employees at the same rate that NYC employees are being paid. Relative to other local company's employees, Geico employees in Bflo will be much better off.

His same job in Bflo will give him an automatic 20% pay increase. He's not originally from Bflo but he's seriously considering a move.

I only signed up a few days ago to thank the stojan.....I used to have an account but was kicked off the board for personal attacks(a bs claim btw)

288385[/snapback]

So I'm not kicked off for personal attacks, would you mind doing something about that avatar?

I was curious as well what type of wages they pay here in Buffalo - Anyone know?

Also, benefits?

300489[/snapback]

Pay all depends on the job you get, obviously, but i believe with a 4 year degree the lowest you start at is 31,000 (I could be wrong, but I think that's about right). Also, the benefits are full mendical and dental, and discounts on auto insurance, and the best part is (for me at least) is that they start on day 1. That's really unheard of, and I was going to have to pay for my own insurance with moving and all. Now, I don't have to.

I think theuy loved the fact he was bragging on this message board they thought it was funny.

What is really funny is that you told them you read about the job on a message board.

Unless of course, you are GEICO HR in disguise.

What is really funny is that you told them you read about the job on a message board.

Unless of course, you are GEICO HR in disguise.

300946[/snapback]

just by saying he new stevestojan should have been a glue not to hire him :devil::lol: