Bledsoe....contradicting himself on ESPN

mtdoak

this is how i always felt about bledsoe...F*CK'EM, they designed the O specifically for a crippled QB but now its "There was a shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback." help yourself moron, quit before your brain quits all together and you end up dead underneath strahan or someone whos lookin to kill you

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Al Gore was a quarterback he would be Drew Bledsoe, and thats all i'm gonna say.

Lockbox.

286652[/snapback]

Nice observation, they could've been seperated at birth. :blink:

If Drew Bledsoe was a politician, he would be Al Gore. :blink:

You can see alot of Drew's arrogence in this article, how he felt disrespected, etc, etc. 

He blames the bills for not getting him any help, putting all their emphasis on Defense for his poor years.  Drew had an amazing 8 games in Buffalo....then it went downhill.  Drew was average when McGahee shouldered the load...terrible whenever he was called on.  Hey Drew, your over the hill.  Get over yourself. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2020416

286139[/snapback]

:blink:

He goes on and on about "he's not one of those guys to come out and say he's not being treated fairly" and then essentially does excactly that. Holy crap I just can't believe this guy has an ego so large that it's easier to say things like "It does bother me that a lot of the blame for the lack of our success was placed right on my shoulders." Can you believe that? An NFL QB being asked to hold much of the blame for lack of success on offense. What is the cruel world coming to Drew? Here's the best part talk about contradiction yikes! "As far as making bad decisions thats not true." "Do I make some bad decisions yes." Maybe he should look into what he lacks up stairs and that is the ability to make good decisions be honest with yourself and admitt that he failed in Buffalo instead of carring on a crusade. I mean this is just plain sickning. I hate to say it because I really liked the guy but after reading this article I have to say what a brain dead idiot.

You can see alot of Drew's arrogence in this article, how he felt disrespected, etc, etc. 

He blames the bills for not getting him any help, putting all their emphasis on Defense for his poor years.  Drew had an amazing 8 games in Buffalo....then it went downhill.  Drew was average when McGahee shouldered the load...terrible whenever he was called on.  Hey Drew, your over the hill.  Get over yourself. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2020416

286139[/snapback]

Drew wasn't a bad quarterback....it just didnt help him that he's overrated, and has been from the start. He''l have some performances that will lift you out of your seat, and some that will break your heart- he's not a Marino, Elway, Kelly, or Favre. He's not a hall of famer- he is what he is, and thats a big upgrade for Dallas

If Al Gore was a quarterback he would be Drew Bledsoe, and thats all i'm gonna say.

Lockbox.

286652[/snapback]

:blink::blink::( not sure what the hell that is supposed to mean but thats a funny comment. As for Drew saying he never got the right design in Buffalo- more :lol::w00t::doh::doh::D:P

All i have to say about that article is two things:

"Big Cat"

and

i'll bet $5 that drew bledsoe won't be headlining espn.com after week 8.

The big cat comment was for the multiple page thread about jp's comments towards that kid. It did make him sound cool, but it didn't win a game. DB's comments are just that, comments... He hasn't done a thing yet, so i'm not putting much stock into them, besides the fact that i know two things: bledsoe has about 4 weeks to prove he's NOT done, and JP is indeed a big cat.

As for DB headlining espn.com, it won't happen, unless they run the DB career retrospective/retirement page, or they finally figure out that he's over and make a huge deal on how far DB has fallen.

edit: I guess i had more than two things to say.

that's what happens when you speak in cliches for so long. i got tired of this "Classy" image everyone associates with Drew (and allot of other athletes) with.

Really how classy is he? no one really knows. The guy spoke like a well oiled robot. Always saying what his fans want him to say.You do that enough, you end up talking in circles and really not saying anything. Then you go ahead and contradict yourself and you don't even realize it. my $0.02

286523[/snapback]

Very accurate statement

that's what happens when you speak in cliches for so long. i got tired of this "Classy" image everyone associates with Drew (and allot of other athletes) with.

Really how classy is he? no one really knows. The guy spoke like a well oiled robot. Always saying what his fans want him to say.You do that enough, you end up talking in circles and really not saying anything. Then you go ahead and contradict yourself and you don't even realize it. my $0.02

286523[/snapback]

One thing there can be no doubt about is that he's 1000 times classier than any "fan" or media goat who for some reason can't allow a player, one who is among the top 10 in passing yardage among all quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL, to simply move on respectfully to another stop in his career journey without continued harassment from jackasses among the media and fan base who wouldn't have the courage to take a second snap at the quarterback position in live NFL action.

I'd ask no fan to appreciate a player simply because he was a positive member of the WNY community, a good teammate and he got pounded for our entertainment, but for those of us who DO respect those of our warriors who fall into the above categories I'd ask the rest of you to simply let go of it.

What Bledsoe is saying is true.  All the guy needs to succeed is 2 great WRs, a great TE, a top RB, a receiving Fullback, and an o-line that doesn't give up sacks.  That's all.

286170[/snapback]

even with that, he still needs the defense to play a soft vanilla zone so Drew doesn't get confused.

He's in the NFC now, so the odds of weak defenses go up.

But wait until Philly and Wash come to town.

What Bledsoe is saying is true.  All the guy needs to succeed is 2 great WRs, a great TE, a top RB, a receiving Fullback, and an o-line that doesn't give up sacks.  That's all.

286170[/snapback]

That's true of any NFL QB! He sure as hell didn't have a decent line here and we're scrambling like blind mice now to create one to protect the rookie.

Sorry, to burst everybody's bubble here but we haven't had an average line in a decade! How many PB did we have there? Oh yea just 1. :angry:

That's true of any NFL QB!  He sure as hell didn't have a decent line here and we're scrambling like blind mice now to create one to protect the rookie. 

Sorry, to burst everybody's bubble here but we haven't had an average line in a decade!  How many PB did we have there?  Oh yea just 1.    :angry:

287637[/snapback]

Let me know when the Pro Bowl became a measure of quality offensive line play. I missed the memo. How many Pro Bowlers did NE have on the OLine? ZERO.

Coincidentally, we've also had 2 of the hardest headed QBs in the NFL taking snaps during that period. Hmmmm.

One thing there can be no doubt about is that he's 1000 times classier than any "fan" or media goat who for some reason can't allow a player, one who is among the top 10 in passing yardage among all quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL, to simply move on respectfully to another stop in his career journey without continued harassment from jackasses among the media and fan base who wouldn't have the courage to take a second snap at the quarterback position in live NFL action.

I'd ask no fan to appreciate a player simply because he was a positive member of the WNY community, a good teammate and he got pounded for our entertainment,  but for those of us who DO respect those of our warriors who fall into the above categories I'd ask the rest of you to simply let go of it.

287428[/snapback]

Classy? I guess, whatever that means. Fact is, he sucks, you noble jackass! What a foolish post!

Classy? I guess, whatever that means. Fact is, he sucks, you noble jackass! What a foolish post!

287663[/snapback]

I'll slow down a little to let the short bus catch up-

The.....man......has.......thrown.........for........more.........yardage........under.......

the......pressure......of........NFL.......defenses...........than...........all.........

but.........9.........others.........in...........HISTORY.

I should share with you that it's no secret that the chatter on your bus is about how players listed among the top 10 in the most important statistical categories through over 80 years of NFL history "suck". And in fact that conclusion among the members of your community is actually the answer to the age old question of why all the passengers in those other vehicles passing you are pointing and snickering in your direction!

Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!