Who recalls this game from Thanksgiving in 1976?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

Guess you'll have to click the link I left and buy that issue on ebay?

I really don't know why SI had an issue with Bo. But their campaign must have had some impact, Dudek got 12 first place votes that year to go along with 4 second and 12 third place votes. Jackson won a close race with Chuck Long, Iowa qb. I believe at the time it was the closest race ever, could be mistaken on that.

Yeah I will pass lol

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The only Bills Thanksgiving game I can really remember was against the Lions in 1994. Flea flicker by backup Kreig on the second play pretty much set the tone. Such a crappy game.

Uggggh man.

That game was brutal. On top of everything, my father is a Lions fan. We were 6-5 headed into that game and I still just kind of assumed they'd find a way to get it done and get back to the Superbowl(to lose again, but still)

I knew we were done after that. I was 14 but I remember the sinking feeling that the dynasty was over. Very tough game. Thanks for the reminder.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, oldmanfan said:

Yep.  Recall it well.  As much as OJ is now a complete degenerate, I have never seen a better runner.  

Agree. I remember following OJ at USC in 1968, hoping the Bills would draft him, and I was ecstatic when they did. I might be a bit biased because he was on our team; however, I have never seen another back with a combination of size, speed, power, and elusiveness that came together in a more smooth, fluid, graceful running style. It was amazing to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

'73 was historic for OJ because of 2,003 yards, '75 may have been a better season, he ran for 1,817 and had over 400 yards receiving (he had 70 in '73) and 23 TDs which I think set the record at the time (14 games remember). Then he was excellent again in '76, had 1,500+ yards in 13 games. He had 6,448 yards in 55 games from '73-76,  that's 1,612 yards a season, 117 yards a game, probably the greatest 4 year stretch ever by a RB. Jim Brown's best 4 consecutive years were 5,849 in 52 games, 112.5 per game. 

OJ was amazing, I remember those years well. 

OJ’s first three years in the league were squandered when a couple of abysmal coaches (John Rauch and Harvey Johnson) refused to fully utilize him.  Nowadays, a player like OJ would have left school a year early and become a feature back immediately.  So he really lost four years of his NFL prime, although you could argue he was spared the extra wear and tear.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:37 PM, Another Fan said:

OJ ran for 273 yards in a loss to the Lions.  I believe it broke the record for yards in a game at the time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqzVtwwKVg

Unfortunately I’m not able to embed the video.  

I cant recall the Bills ever playing on Thanksgiving Day in my life.  I googled it and discovered the 1976 game 

Funny we’d all be over the moon if our QB threw for 273 yds 

• Haha (+1) 1