Where do you have to see a game before you die?

Oh but the best place to see a game, bar none? The Palestra in Philadelphia. There is nothing like a Princeton-Penn or a Big Five game there.

Lynah Rink in Ithaca is another great, great collegiate venue.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm overposting, but how about the WORST places you've ever seen a game? This is my list:

BASEBALL: The MetroDome, Minnesota. Clearly designed for football, and there's the big baggie in rightfield and the plexiglass fence in leftfield. Plus the fake grass. And the roof, which in my view makes it edge out the old Exhibition Stadium in Toronto as the worst baseball park I've ever been to.

FOOTBALL: The Meadowlands. For a Jets game. There is exactly one exit for the parking lots and it takes four friggin hours before your car starts to move, let alone gets on I-95. Close second: Texas Stadium. The hole in the roof is stupid and the "jumbotrons" are actually two little TVs kitty-corner from each other in the upper deck.

I can't really speak to basketball or hockey except to say that every arena built post-1990 is like every other arena. I have been to HSBC, the Bell Centre in Montreal, Gund Arena in Cleveland, the Ice Palace in Tampa, whatever the place is called in Phoenix now, and probably a couple of others that slip my mind, and I swear unless you looked at the scoreboard you wouldn't know what city you were in.

I know I'm overposting, but how about the WORST places you've ever seen a game?  This is my list:

BASEBALL:  The MetroDome, Minnesota.  Clearly designed for football, and there's the big baggie in rightfield and the plexiglass fence in leftfield.  Plus the fake grass.  And the roof, which in my view makes it edge out the old Exhibition Stadium in Toronto as the worst baseball park I've ever been to.

FOOTBALL:  The Meadowlands.  For a Jets game.  There is exactly one exit for the parking lots and it takes four friggin hours before your car starts to move, let alone gets on I-95.  Close second:  Texas Stadium.  The hole in the roof is stupid and the "jumbotrons" are actually two little TVs kitty-corner from each other in the upper deck.

I can't really speak to basketball or hockey except to say that every arena built post-1990 is like every other arena.  I have been to HSBC, the Bell Centre in Montreal, Gund Arena in Cleveland, the Ice Palace in Tampa, whatever the place is called in Phoenix now, and probably a couple of others that slip my mind, and I swear unless you looked at the scoreboard you wouldn't know what city you were in.

285934[/snapback]

Football: Cleveland Stadium by a mile. Not the current one, the old one. That place was a dive!

Another similar one, which probably no one gives a squat here...

A classic India Vs Australia One-Day international at the Melbource Cricket Ground (MCG) in the Australian Summer and to boot if that was a World Cup Final.

285907[/snapback]

And ganesh, probably no one here will get it -

Your choice is a close second to my choice for Wimbledon. But this time, I want to cricket match to not be fixed as the last World Cup was....

And ganesh, probably no one here will get it -

Your choice is a close second to my choice for Wimbledon. But this time, I want to cricket match to not be fixed as the last World Cup was....

285986[/snapback]

On second thoughts, all those Aussie females in bikinis in the stands ... yummm. <_<

Maybe the MCG may make my top pick instead of Wimbledon.

They would also have lion versus hippo, tiger versus elephant, mano y mano .

They should try a DCTom vs NJSue battle, now that would be good!

I disagree with the meadowlands post though, the stadium has good site lines. Not many stadiums are as easy to get out of as the ralph - it is unusual to have the stadium in the middle of about 6 decent sized roads for people to get out of dodge.

Foxboro is much worse than the meadowlands, it sucks!

Lynah Rink in Ithaca, NY...especially for a Harvard at Cornell game. You'll never see a more influential crowd in _any_ sport (just don't sit down too low, or else you might catch a raw fish in the back of the head).

Lynah Rink in Ithaca, NY...especially for a Harvard at Cornell game.  You'll never see a more influential crowd in _any_ sport (just don't sit down too low, or else you might catch a raw fish in the back of the head).

286088[/snapback]

I am embarassed to say that I never had a chance to go to a Cornell hockey game while being student there.

Went when I was younger, though.

I know I'm overposting, but how about the WORST places you've ever seen a game?  This is my list:

Rose Bowl, place just sucks in terms of seating arrangement and comforts like getting a beer or getting to the head.

FedEx Field Oh my god does that place suck!!!!

Now for where I would love to see a game and have not been yet.

Fenway

ND Stadium

Cameron Indoor(with the terps smashing im again)

RFK to watch the Nats(yahoo, be happening in less than a months time)

The Old Trafford for a Man U game, or even better a FA Cup or Euro cahmpionship game.

Augusta

The town in spain where they run the bulls

They should try a DCTom vs NJSue battle, now that would be good!

I disagree with the meadowlands post though, the stadium has good site lines. Not many stadiums are as easy to get out of as the ralph - it is unusual to have the stadium in the middle of about 6 decent sized roads for people to get out of dodge.

Foxboro is much worse than the meadowlands, it sucks!

286022[/snapback]

I have only been to the Razor once, for a Springsteen concert a couple of years ago. Aside from the fact that it cost thirty fuggin bucks to park my car, I didn't have any problem getting out. Of course, that may be because I was sitting in the last row of the lower deck (right by the concourse) in the section closest to my car, and I bolted as soon as the last song started to wind down. <_<