Derek Anderson must have really gotten walloped

Dan Darragh

21 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

I have a feeling he didn’t really want to play but was interested in tutoring Allen.  I thought he was holding his arm when he was hurt.  

He was holding his arm. Are you saying you've never heard of a concussed Elbow?

• Haha (+1) 1

Keeping Anderson on the roster makes sense. Just in case Allen has an issue with that elbow and they have to shut him down.  I don't see him ever getting on the field again though. If Allen or Barkley go down they will need to pick up someone as a backup.  It is hard to see Anderson playing a snap again this year.

38 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

The overall mishandling of the QB position for the whole of the season necessitated keeping Peterman and using him as well.   There always should have been a fourth QB....and trading the third QB was an act of total stupidity.......would have been ok if there were even a guy on the practice squad.  So, then we were down to two guys....and the fiasco rolled out.  Not like we haven't lived this before....I remember Jeff Tuel starting a few years ago...undrafted free agent he...even Marrone, in his stuborness was smart enough to get off that train as fast as he could.  Mc D and Bean are culpable here....and showed rookie GM and Coach mistakes here.

You cut Peterman the second the Ravens game is over. You sign anybody that night and just live with the chance he might have to go in week 2. Turned out Allen made it through anyway.  You then get a 3rd qb to the practice squad just Incase. That’s literally all that needed to happen. Keeping Peterman was an inexcusable self made issue. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:31 AM, Steptide said:

If I had to guess, age probably plays a roll to some degree. I still can't figure out how he had a concussion from the Patriots game when he was never hit in the head, but whatever. 

This is like a baseball player being in a slump and they put him on the DL for some contrived injury. Anderson's not that hurt this is nonsense. I saw the play he was hurt on and he really didn't get hit that hard, he should have been back in one week.  Just hire him as a QB coach and be done with it.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Indirectly, Peterman being so terrible might have caused this guy a serious head injury. There was no excuse for Peterman to be on this roster after week 1. Him being so useless caused us to throw in Anderson almost right away. I was happy Anderson was playing but it’s a shame for him. The guy was probably expecting to pretty much be a coach in a helmet and because of the ineptitude of our backup, he was forced into the lineup. If Peterman wasn’t even capable of playing, I don’t understand why he was on the roster. It’s over now but it definitely went on to long. Hopefully Anderson ends up being okay. A head injury can effect people in very different ways.

He’s gone now.. Just let it go

On 11/17/2018 at 10:14 AM, Dan Darragh said:

I don't remember a guy going as long in the concussion protocol as Derek Anderson has.  It doesn't matter from a football perspective for the Bills but I really feel for the guy.  He was happy playing Mr. Mom and came out of retirement for us.  Is he another Kevin Kolb?

Bills have been under the Cone of Silence on this one as far as I can tell except to say that he's "still in concussion protocol."

I'm sure Anderson is saying...I didn't sign up for this, I thought I was going to be a mentor....you're not sending me back out there.