Fallout 76 is out

Some D Bag raided a workstation I claimed today and destroyed all of my workstations and defenses.  

By the time I got there I had to fight off the loser who was wearing power armor and I had to deal with 3 waves of rabid dogs attacking me.  

By the time I realized he had a suit on I was killed twice.  

The 3rd time I came back with my own power armor.  I got 2 shots off at him and he ran like a scared rabbit.  

Needless to say I packed up all of my belongings, raided all the materials I could and left camp.   

Not worth having a mini battle every time I returmed to gather recourses.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/em-fallout-76-em-video-204403662.html

Even from the outset, Fallout 76 was going to be a weird game. A multiplayer, always-online entry in a series that built its name on famously solitary experiences, the game isn't kind to people who like Fallout games, and it's even less pleasant for people who are completely new to Fallout. It's a recipe for disaster, and that made me extremely eager to play it—video games are often at their most interesting when they're on the brink of disaster, barely ready for the messy, drama-loving humans about to inhabit them. And one week after its release, Fallout 76 seems spectacularly unready.

Been playing fallout for about a decade. Not sure I’ll get this as i don’t have much time to game...

and I just got red dead redemption 2 and CoD Black ops 3 so I don’t think I can add another game rn... I can only play so many at once lol

and by the time I would get it I would probably be so far behind in gear and stuff and it’s all online and I’d be screwed 

been reading about it here though

Not sure this is the right place for this post but I picked up a 1TB Xbox One  S with Red Dead and Battlefield V combo on a hot Black Friday Deal. It was delivered onFriday and been playing Battlefield V quite a bit. It's my first gaming system since my Xbox360 about 7 years ago. It's fun! I also got that Xbox Game Pass 14 day trial with it and I really like that. I think it appeals to me as a very casual gamer with such a large library and some really decent games on there. Best Buy has a 1 year subscription for $60 which averages out to $5.87/month. It definitely fits my gaming lifestyle. Although I am really starting to see how people get addicted to these games and playing so long haha..wow!

I have not even opened Red Dead 2 yet but I will. I am really hooked on Forza4 off the Game Pass library and about to check out Halo 5. 

Sounds like Fallout is something I may want to check out too based on this topic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else playing?

the level 50 scorch beast (pic above) can be defeated.  

I was on a mission / quest and I heard one flying overhead.  

I’ve been killed half a dozen times by them.  Once by two together and I spawned and both were still there to kill me again.    So so naturally I hid.

I hear a lot of shooting and by the time I come out to battle it’s humanoid controllers it’s dead and I only saw 1 player in the area.  

Level 42 and wearing the T-60 armor. 

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

First game I got for Christmas.  Spent the first few hours loading it. Then I got Red Dead and have been playing that ever since. I'd imagine I won't get to Fallout for quite some time. 

Red dead really is amazing... I really was getting into it and my Xbox broke... just stopped turning on ?

should buy a new one

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Then I got Red Dead and have been playing that ever since. I'd imagine I won't get to Fallout for quite some time. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Red dead really is amazing... I really was getting into it and my Xbox broke... just stopped turning on ?

There was a RDR2 thread awhile back that you might appreciate

Hey Lenny, is that you?  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Gaming buddy talked me into buying it against my better judgement. I'm enjoying it so far, though he's definitely helped since he had a head start!

Having a higher level player as a companion does help. 

Or a random player rushes in and saves your butt from getting mauled by a level 40+ Yougio bear 

Super mutant power hammer is an awesome mele weapon.  

Springs, screws aluminum and lead are needed in abundance to repair weapons and also create ammo.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

how did you decide to build your guy?

Points wise?

One obvious for me is Strength. Carry more weapons and junk.  

Clothing (brain fart can’t remember that craft) wise upgrade your arm and legs protection to have pockets.  It reduces carry weight.  

More important is lock picking and hacking. 

The last week or so lock picking as become harder. I have been breaking hairpins left and right (literally). Lol. 

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

What’s the highest level 

I saw a 106 yesterday 

(The # next to their name) 

someone tagged me to help them yesterday but

I had no disease cure and

I was suffering from starvation and

I was over encumbered. 

(and I was ready to call it a day) 

Try not to eat foods that have a disease chance. Parasites will make you consume foot and water at super fast rate. 

Tics and mosquitoes often give you something.  

I started to get lazy and stopped picking up duct tape  rolls.  

Now I have to scramble to find tape to repair weapons.  

You can make “adhesive” by making vegetable starch with with corn, tato and mutfruit then convert that to adhesive  

It’s not much but it will help some. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I started to get lazy and stopped picking up duct tape  rolls.  

Now I have to scramble to find tape to repair weapons.  

You can make “adhesive” by making vegetable starch with with corn, tato and mutfruit then convert that to adhesive  

It’s not much but it will help some. 

don't they have a Lowes or a Walmart in Fallout?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

don't they have a Lowes or a Walmart in Fallout?

No, but they have some sort of galaria mall that is playing music that drives you crazy after 5 minutes. It’s actually in Maryland as it’s north of the Potomac River.  

Harpers Ferry is set up well enough for me to recognize a few locations.  

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I saw a level 120 and 206 today at the train station east of the golf course.  

The 120 guy was wearing a loincloth. 

That is some serious dedication to be at level 206 already, seeing as the game only came out in mid-November. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

That is some serious dedication to be at level 206 already, seeing as the game only came out in mid-November. 

Yup.  

I’m level 69 and I played a lot.  A couple hours a day after dinner and 10 hours combined on weekends. 

My wife helps me find things. 

These guys / gals have to be at it 10 hours a day 7 days a week. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Game glitch.  

Only carry Mission Critical Holotapes.   

If you have too many the mission Holotapes won’t “load” and allow the mission to continue.  

After I dropped 30 tapes at least  three times to get the game to progress I dropped the extras in a storage box in my camp. 

Level 73.  Curious what happens when I reach level 76.