Matt Barkley (asking for a friend)

McBean

22 minutes ago, Figster said:

Throwing a WR open requires aggressive play IMO. It helps to have an aggressive WR on the other end that at the very least helps his QB out by disrupting the DB making a play for the football (on errant throws or in tight coverage) Barkley is seeing the field very well IMO, and seemed for one game anyway to fit nicely into what Daboll is trying to do on the football field. 

Myself personally, huge Josh Allen fan. On the other hand I'm an even bigger fan of my Buffalo Bills football team and Barkley made my team look to good to ignore. I also think Allen might learn a few things watching Barkley operate the Daboll Offense.

I guess my point was that you have to know your limitations and can't just blindly play aggressive.  On the far end of the spectrum, we obviously saw what happens when Peterman tries to be 'aggressive'...  Barkley very easily probably should have had 2 INTs.  Both of which would have been extremely unnecessary plays to try and make since the Bills were in complete control of the game, and his arm strength/ability is below average.

Know your limits, know your situation... It doesn't surprise me that he has one of the worst INT rates in NFL history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I mean you said it doesn’t happen ever. I could have just gave you one to prove you wrong. 

Well thank you. The point was franchise quarterbacks don’t pass through multiple teams without any of them identifying them as starting caliber. Romo spent his whole career with Dallas and Warner didn’t pass through multiple teams before catching fire with the Rams. Barkley has been with how many teams? They all missed his starting potential? Never seen Romo or Warner signing with 3-4 teams, getting a few spot starts and then let go

46 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Well thank you. The point was franchise quarterbacks don’t pass through multiple teams without any of them identifying them as starting caliber. Romo spent his whole career with Dallas and Warner didn’t pass through multiple teams before catching fire with the Rams. Barkley has been with how many teams? They all missed his starting potential? Never seen Romo or Warner signing with 3-4 teams, getting a few spot starts and then let go

Lol don’t get mad I was just saying they were passed by multiple teams and both on their way to living ordinary lives. Nor do I think Barkley is a starter. But Barkley has always been able to put up numbers it’s his INTs that was an issue. You never know people take longer to adjust anything is possible that was the point.

54 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I immediately thought of Warner after your original post but now that you've clarified I did some more thinking.

Warner did have his stint with the Giants where he was proclaimed washed up.

Rich Gannon would work here.  He played for 3 teams before ending up with the Raiders and having his MVP type season.

Maybe Doug Flutie? NFL flunkie before starring for the Bills for a couple of seasons.

It is certainly rare.  Can anyone think of other examples?  All of these go back to the 90s so not exactly relevant to Matt Barkley.  Interesting point I initially disagreed with before thinking harder about it.  

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

I guess my point was that you have to know your limitations and can't just blindly play aggressive.  On the far end of the spectrum, we obviously saw what happens when Peterman tries to be 'aggressive'...  Barkley very easily probably should have had 2 INTs.  Both of which would have been extremely unnecessary plays to try and make since the Bills were in complete control of the game, and his arm strength/ability is below average.

Know your limits, know your situation... It doesn't surprise me that he has one of the worst INT rates in NFL history.

QB's with greater arm strength like JK throw their share of INT's and If you look at most successful NFL QB's you will normally see the TD to INT ratio get better with experience IMO. 

Point taken, although I don't think Barkley was blindly playing agressive.