Ed Oliver or Greg Little?

No doubt Bills need OLine help (amongst other things) but I'm a little wary of passing on a player like Oliver (or Bosa) to take a highly touted OT. So many highly drafted OTs disappoint or flat out bust. It seems like a very difficult position to project with any confidence. I get that the Bills have lots of holes to fill, especially on O, but to me if you have the chance to pick a defensive player who clearly projects as elite and may even be a generational talent you run to the podium IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

if they're at 1 or 2, they MUST trade down. And trade down AGAIN.

ideally I'd like to see them end up with a late 1, 3 2s, 3 3s and an extra 1 or 2 1s in 2020

They already have ten picks. if Bosa is there it's a hard ask to pass him up.

The best hope obviously is that we get the #1 and Hebert come out.  If so the Bills could get a "Kings Ransom" for the pick.  Remember all the talk about the Giants wanting our whole draft to move up #2 this year?  I say stick it to them.  ?

Jonah Williams is a possibility too. Go speed WR next, then C? We also need a stud CB opposite TW like Greedy Williams. My early guess is that Oliver goes #1 and in any case, I doubt weight concerns would scare the Bills off. He could even be a guy that gets moved around to keep offenses guessing or to exploit matchups on the other team's OL. He could also add weight.We'll see.

To me it is simply bad business to take an offensive lineman that high. Aside from an elite left tackle like Joe Thomas, don't do it. And even then it is a stretch...look how much it helped the Browns to have Thomas all of these years. 

I am a trenches guy, but drafting OL high unless they are clearly plug and play elite, Zach Martin, Quentin Nelson, is simply bad business. The Titans drafted Lewan and  Conklin and they still suck because they have no talent. I think we try to get a top three pick which will be some combination of a quarterback, Oliver and Bosa. If I can't get Oliver or Bosa I am trading down all day.