Atmosphere at last nights game

BillsFan130

On 10/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Noggin said:

I was disappointed in fan engagement around me. Lots of sitting quietly on third downs. Someone reported me for standing, on third downs. Had to have a chat with security personnel. For standing and cheering on the defense. 

I get that the team stinks, but to be actively dissuaded from standing and cheering at what have historically been appropriate times to do so...I don't know. What's the point of being there in person then?

Bingo.  One of several reasons I watch at home.  But some that I know love the "event".  For them it isn't a requirement to stand and scream at the "historically appropriate" times.  And truth be told, they paid for their tickets as you did and probably want to watch the game and not your back :)  They just like the general atmosphere itself, not rabid fandom.  

I get what you are saying, but also the other side of the situation.  I split the difference and if anyone stands in front of my couch they get smacked ;)

19 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Bingo.  One of several reasons I watch at home.  But some that I know love the "event".  For them it isn't a requirement to stand and scream at the "historically appropriate" times.  And truth be told, they paid for their tickets as you did and probably want to watch the game and not your back :)  They just like the general atmosphere itself, not rabid fandom.  

I get what you are saying, but also the other side of the situation.  I split the difference and if anyone stands in front of my couch they get smacked ;)

Hey, that's a fair take on it. I got upset at the lack of enthusiasm around me, and especially for being "punished" for my own enthusiasm. Why I spent the majority of the game wandering the stadium and taking it in from different vantage points.

Maybe I should only be in the lower bowl from now on. Those people stood for the duration. Or, like you suggest, in my own living room. (But then I upset the dog...)

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Hey, that's a fair take on it. I got upset at the lack of enthusiasm around me, and especially for being "punished" for my own enthusiasm. Why I spent the majority of the game wandering the stadium and taking it in from different vantage points.

Maybe I should only be in the lower bowl from now on. Those people stood for the duration. Or, like you suggest, in my own living room. (But then I upset the dog...)

Hey, dogs have to suffer right along with the rest of us on game day :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Watching from Southern California I’d like to give a HUGE shout out to the Bills fans! You guys brought it last night on national Television. The fans looked like you were having a blast! Well done. ?

Yeah, except for the random fans wearing Bills gear who were shown cheering when the Patriots did something good.

I didn't quite understand that!