Atmosphere at last nights game

BillsFan130

47 minutes ago, nickrage said:

That stadium looks awesome under the lights. Crowd looked and sounded pumped.

At one point I could barely hear Murph and Kelso. If we could get some consistant winning records for this team to deserve more of these games No team would want to play there in primetime. Any hint of an offense wins last night. 

Absolutely.  If there is any fan base that deserves a winning team it's this one.  They show up win or lose.  Stadium looked awesome w the red lights going.  Defense is doing what they need to.  Offense not so much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

You didn't recognize the deer in the headlights look after watching DA getting killed?

A big truck hit it it on the QEW just past Fort Erie.

The guy in front of me swerved and guess who got air going over the carcass?

Thank God only about $2k in damage to facia and plastic bits and no airbag deployment plus the car is still driveable.

This thing is built like a tank ;) 

40 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Hope everything is alright with the car and there were no injuries. 

All good my buddy Terry was more concerned than me ;)

Its just a car and it could have been a lot worse in a lot of ways.

Edited by JMF2006
spelling
  • Like (+1) 3

I was disappointed in fan engagement around me. Lots of sitting quietly on third downs. Someone reported me for standing, on third downs. Had to have a chat with security personnel. For standing and cheering on the defense. 

I get that the team stinks, but to be actively dissuaded from standing and cheering at what have historically been appropriate times to do so...I don't know. What's the point of being there in person then?

48 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I was disappointed in fan engagement around me. Lots of sitting quietly on third downs. Someone reported me for standing, on third downs. Had to have a chat with security personnel. For standing and cheering on the defense. 

I get that the team stinks, but to be actively dissuaded from standing and cheering at what have historically been appropriate times to do so...I don't know. What's the point of being there in person then?

Seriously? that sucks. What section were you sitting in?

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

That just sucks man.

2 hours ago, Frez said:

ESPN did a very nice job showing the Buffalo area. I thought last night's game coverage was pretty awesome for a change! 

The best part, by far, was the Bush "half time show" where they played a minute of a song from 1995 in front of the Falls while old people sang along.  How the mighty have fallen.

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Ya I was thinking that too. If the Bills got the lead, especially in the 2nd half, I’m guessing the place would have exploded

Yeah I was thinking if Milano would have came down with that pick 6 down 12-6, it would have been absolute mayhem (in a good way)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It was a good atmosphere.  Not great.  If the bills ever were able to get the lead, it would have hit that top gear.  

For a 2-5 team as a 13.5 point underdog, the crowd had a great showing

Agree - good, not great.   Way too many Pats* fans there.  

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

WTF?  That’s ridiculous.  

What section were you in?

4 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Marv Levy and Jim Kelly were there for the Thurman Thomas retirement.  They both looked good.  That's the only positive from last night's game that I saw.

I was really glad to see Marv still looking well. Amazing for a 93 year old! Thurman looks like he could still play (and probably better than some people currently on the Bills).

Atmosphere was fun and electric, a nice change of pace from the regular Sunday afternoon routine.  I forgot how much fun night games can be, they almost have a rock concert element to them. With that I said I would agree that it wasn't on the level of the Dallas game in 07 which was to be expected with the state of the team and the fact that we didn't go quite as long since our last Monday Night game as it was when we got the Dallas game.  There seemed to be an extra buzz throughout the air in the tailgating lots.  Atmosphere for Thurman's jersey retirement was excellent.  All in all it was a fun game to go to and I'm glad I got to make it because as I'm slowly turning into an old fart and losing my lust to party lol if we go another 10 years before getting another Monday Night game I don't know if I will be in attendance.  So I just tried to soak everything in because last night was another reminder of what a special place New Era Field can be.  

• Like (+1) 2

Not quite as electric as the 07 Dallas game but that was a beautiful indian summer day combined with Columbus Day vacation from this side of the border, Canadian Thanksgiving from North of the border, and a 14 year hiatus from MNF. Took me over 4 hours to get to the game from Rochester back in 07, just the normal hour and a half yesterday. Two man band in my brother's lot was nice. Even got them to do a parody of  the "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan" song that Ohio state fans sing before the annual Michigan game, replacing Michigan with Massachusetts and Ohio with Buffalo.