Our new OC/Next HC...

29 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

He will get a big bump when he renegotiates. If he re-signs with CBS, his agent will likely put him on the same contract cycle as Chris Collinsworth. I still enjoy Chris & Al but I'm pretty sure when they retire it'll be Tirico/Romo.

If they don't have to pay Collinsworth money, they won't.  CC has been at on a flagship broadcast for years.  Until he retires, they aren't going to pay Romo that.

These networks don't do the big bump.  Micheals is at the top of the pile and he still makes less than 10 NFL HCs.

39 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Probably John DeFellipo or Matt LaFleur at that point. 

WR DeFilippo... tough call... He didnt look so hot as OC in Cleveland, got some glory back after being QB Coach in Philly, and now not so hot again as OC in Minn.

I think being hidden behind Pederson and Reich helped his brand in Philly.

And for LaFleur, interesting he took a lateral move from LA to Tenn. Maybe he wanted to own the Offense and that couldnt be done under McVay?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If they don't have to pay Collinsworth money, they won't.  CC has been at on a flagship broadcast for years.  Until he retires, they aren't going to pay Romo that.

These networks don't do the big bump.  Micheals is at the top of the pile and he still makes less than 10 NFL HCs.

They probably would though, as Romo will be in demand. That said, I hope Collinsworth/Michaels stick around for more years.

7 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

They probably would though, as Romo will be in demand. That said, I hope Collinsworth/Michaels stick around for more years.

ABC/ESPN has proven over and over that they will dump expensive talent.  The fact that Romo is working is proof these networks burn and churn these guys.  Romo won't bring viewers with him, the product (NFL games) is what sells. 

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

WR DeFilippo... tough call... He didnt look so hot as OC in Cleveland, got some glory back after being QB Coach in Philly, and now not so hot again as OC in Minn.

I think being hidden behind Pederson and Reich helped his brand in Philly.

And for LaFleur, interesting he took a lateral move from LA to Tenn. Maybe he wanted to own the Offense and that couldnt be done under McVay?

Most likely LaFleur wanted to call plays. McVay is the play caller there. LA didn't have to let him go, technically, but they did. I think he is the next young offensive mind hire, even though Tennessee has not been impressive.