Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yup. Just dumb though. I don't even like McCarron but didn't like them trading him.

Certainly, in retrospect, it was a horrible decision.  I wonder what Beane meant when he said McCarron "wasn't what we thought he was."  I definitely read that quote and it seems to me they determined he was not really going to provide much in the way of "veteran leadership" to the young QBs -- particularly if he was 3rd string.

And, of course, they made the fatal error of believing Peterman's practice and preseason work would translate into the real games.

Edited by eball

10-18: Bills' FB Patrick DiMarco with Howard and Jeremy on WGR (10:28)

#Bills fullback Patrick DiMarco (@PatDiMarco42) joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR!

DiMarco - We’re staying late at practice to help out Derek Anderson and Brian Daboll to help make things easier on offense as we get ready for the Colts. #Bills

As long as Allen can recover 100% I'll be ok with a fresh start. The coaching staff can fix their mistakes and try to improve with the draft and free agency.

My expectations for this season were low but putting Allen behind that OL coached by Castillo was a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is now a circus.

How long before McBeane botches this Anderson experiment?

To add to the circus atmosphere, how about this? Since Anderson has knowledge of just a portion of the playbook, if the offense is stalling, insert Peterman at strategic points to run parts of the playbook that Anderson doesn't know yet. But no sideline throws!

How Derek Anderson is Getting Himself Ready for Sunday

gzvcsxxs8phabsn5dbok.jpg

He was on a family vacation a week and a half ago. Eight days ago, he was signing a contract with the Bills. Four days ago, he was watching and trying to help Josh Allen against the Houston Texans. In three days he’ll be the starting quarterback for Buffalo in Indianapolis.

None of it surprises Derek Anderson. Thirteen years in the NFL has exposed him to just about everything. That exposure is also what got him the nod from head coach Sean McDermott to start Sunday’s game against the Colts.

“Derek is a guy that I’ve been around in Carolina. He brings experience, leadership presence to the table, and he’s worked hard in the last week or two, week and a half here to get himself up to speed,” McDermott said.

Anderson has been living in offensive coordinator Brian Daboll’s playbook for almost every waking hour since signing on Oct. 9th. He also knows he’s coming in without the benefit of an offseason conditioning program or the few thousand on field reps he would’ve had if he was with the team through the spring and summer.

Darius Leonard’s tale is not a love story. It’s not a story about staying true to your roots. And it’s not a story about drawing inspiration from the worst day of your life.

To put those kinds of limitations on a story about the Indianapolis Colts’ star rookie linebacker would be to do his story a grave injustice.

See, Leonard’s story is all of these things. To understand Leonard, you must understand the full picture. You must understand how he became the man he is. In short, you have to understand Lake View, S.C. – population 800.

“It’s the country,” Leonard said. “And I love it.”

From Tim Graham at The Athletic: Subscription Required for Full Access

Q&A: Jerry Hughes talks his unconventional path to defense, beloved Astros, and Revenge against the Colts

GettyImages-854241058-1024x683.jpg

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Three years after making him their first-round draft choice, the Indianapolis Colts dumped Jerry Hughes.

Texas Christian’s two-time All-American was supposed to hassle quarterbacks but recorded five sacks while starting only seven of 40 games. The Colts catapulted him to the Buffalo Bills for pedestrian linebacker Kelvin Sheppard.

That was 2013. Today, Hughes is among the NFL’s more dangerous edge-rushers. Sheppard lasted one season in Indianapolis and is out of the league.

Hughes has 4.5 sacks this year, putting him on pace for his highest total as he returns Sunday to Indianapolis for the first time since the trade.

Hughes also has been on his best behavior. Over his career, he has been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct nine times, roughing the passer six times, unnecessary roughness five times and facemask three times.

OBL 10/17: Live practice update with Chris Brown, Stephen Holder breaks down the Colts, Zay Jones on Derek Anderson and his progression

Chris Brown gave us a live practice update after Derek Anderson was named starting QB (7:20). The Athletic Colts reporter Stephen Holder provided an in-depth look at Indy's season so far (53:15). Bills' WR Zay Jones discussed what Anderson brings at QB, his TD vs. Houston and his sophomore season (1:24:40).

In this episode, Sal Maiorana and Leo Roth discuss the untenable situation for the Bills at quarterback now that Derek Anderson, on the street two weeks ago, is starting in place of injured Josh Allen and unplayable Nathan Peterman.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Venturi looks at Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, and Tre' White in this video review. :thumbsup:

First Down With Rick Venturi - Offensive Blueprint: Bills (8:19)

Former Colts Coach Rick Venturi talks with Host Matt Taylor about what the Colts will need to do on offense to beat the Buffalo Bills, this Sunday, at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Dpzpc2ZXgAA4q10.jpg

Courtesy of: https://twitter.com/PyroStag

Edited by 26CornerBlitz