SNF - The Marquee Matchup of Week Six: KC vs. NE at 8:20 PM ET on NBC

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Great game for the neutral fan but another gut punch for those Bills fans like me who are biding their time (endlessly it seems) for Brady to look his age and think about retirement. Too bad the Pats got the ball last because by the 4th Q both defenses were gassed and could almost score at will.  

Same here.  Just patiently waiting - for what seems like forever.

Funny thing is, as I see the media gushing over the game ( these tweets plus NFLN and ESPN) I didn’t think it was all that great and definitely not a “ classic” by any measure. The great Bill Belichick had no idea how to stop the Chiefs, and even their first half redzone failures were mostly bad throws by Mahomes. He tried his old tricks from the early 2000s such as having defenders stand up at the LOS. Big deal, the Pats D was mostly terrible. The Chiefs are playing with a taxi squad defense that wasn’t much better before half the secondary was injured. To a casual fan this may have been a good game, but it was a display of defensive ineptitude that left one longing for the truly great contests of the 1980s and early ‘90s. Games between elite teams that played tough defense, but featured offenses so good they could still manage to score 30 to win. Last nights bumbling Ds were more akin to outclassed mid level college programs facing the NCAA elite. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Funny thing is, as I see the media gushing over the game ( these tweets plus NFLN and ESPN) I didn’t think it was all that great and definitely not a “ classic” by any measure. The great Bill Belichick had no idea how to stop the Chiefs, and even their first half redzone failures were mostly bad throws by Mahomes. He tried his old tricks from the early 2000s such as having defenders stand up at the LOS. Big deal, the Pats D was mostly terrible. The Chiefs are playing with a taxi squad defense that wasn’t much better before half the secondary was injured. To a casual fan this may have been a good game, but it was a display of defensive ineptitude that left one longing for the truly great contests of the 1980s and early ‘90s. Games between elite teams that played tough defense, but featured offenses so good they could still manage to score 30 to win. Last nights bumbling Ds were more akin to outclassed mid level college programs facing the NCAA elite. 

Definitely prefer the Bills games of the last 2 weeks.  Way more exciting product. Offense, points, and execution are awful to watch.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Definitely prefer the Bills games of the last 2 weeks.  Way more exciting product. Offense, points, and execution are awful to watch.

That makes one of us. While the Bills defense is good an exciting to watch, the offense is remedial. We watch because we are Bills fans. Last nights KC/ NE contest was never that interesting. Both teams may as well have been passing and running vs air. You never got a sense that either of these defenses could stop anyone. There was never much excitement, just waiting to see who had the ball last. Not great football at all.