Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Mintz not invited to NBA Combine this year, wonder if he is second guessing his decision

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's going to have to ball out at the G league camp to get a invite 

Don't think he's getting drafted though

I have been back and forth a little on a Mintz. I agree that he is not going to get drafted. But it’s interesting to see all these undrafted guys now in the NBA who have carved out a real nice niche for themselves. So, maybe it will work out for him. Who knows? 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have been back and forth a little on a Mintz. I agree that he is not going to get drafted. But it’s interesting to see all these undrafted guys now in the NBA who have carved out a real nice niche for themselves. So, maybe it will work out for him. Who knows? 

You certainly can make it undrafted.. without a doubt 

You just don't get the money and have to carve it out from the bench

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You certainly can make it undrafted.. without a doubt 

You just don't get the money and have to carve it out from the bench

Agreed. 

i also think it’s easier if you are more of a sharp shooter or a big, to be able to carve out a role. There aren’t many guys I can think of like Mintz off the bench in the NBA. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2024 at 6:29 AM, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm pretty stoked about this, hopefully he does not change his mind between now and then

The only rising senior who has verbally committed to the orange but then backed out that I could remember was Darius bazley

And he took money and went right to the G League

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The only rising senior who has verbally committed to the orange but then backed out that I could remember was Darius bazley

And he took money and went right to the G League

That was before the NIL. Money talks, you know that. These guys are 17-18-19 years old, it's not out of the question he could be tempted to go elsewhere. One of the blue-blood basketball programs could still get him to change his mind with a big stack of benjamins that SU cannot match. Who knows, I do not know the kid so I do not know where his values or loyalty lies. I've been an SU fan for probably 25-30 years, I would love to see him on the court, but I am tempering my excitement until he's ON the court wearing an SU jersey because of the NIL.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

That was before the NIL. Money talks, you know that. These guys are 17-18-19 years old, it's not out of the question he could be tempted to go elsewhere. One of the blue-blood basketball programs could still get him to change his mind with a big stack of benjamins that SU cannot match. Who knows, I do not know the kid so I do not know where his values or loyalty lies. I've been an SU fan for probably 25-30 years, I would love to see him on the court, but I am tempering my excitement until he's ON the court wearing an SU jersey because of the NIL.

completely agree. Nothing is a given anymore. Not a Syracuse problem, but just a college sports issue generally.