Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

4* 2020 (reclassified) Center, Frank Anselem, to make his decision tomorrow (Wed).  Down to Syracuse,  Georgia, New Mexico, and San Diego St.  Looks like Cuse is the favorite right now, but who knows.  Waiting to hear back from “sources” and I’ll share anything I learn.  

6’10” 220...fairly polished offensive game.  Would be a really good get for Cuse.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Frank-Anselem-at-Prolific-Prep-233290/CurrentExpertPredictions/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nemhoff said:

@Johnny Hammersticks any news on the multiple offers this week??

2022 is looking like a banner recruit cycle if we can land a few of them

I don’t know much about the ‘22 recruiting class in terms of specific rumors of interest, although I do know that Dior is doing a tremendous job recruiting his buddies.

I have heard that JB is putting the “full court press” on Mac Etienne (2021 4 star C).  G-Mac is his primary recruiter, but Boeheim is beginning to work really hard on the kid.

As far as the ‘22 offers go, I think we have a fairly decent chance at landing 5* SG Zion Cruz (transferred with Dior to Oak Hill), although he just recently picked up offers from Bama and Kentucky.

Recently offered Ty Rodgers, 4* SG/SF out of Michigan...I hear that most expect him to commit to Sparty.

They offered loads of 4-5* guys.  We’ll see how this evolves, and I’ll be sure to pass along anything I hear that I feel is credible.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know much about the ‘22 recruiting class in terms of specific rumors of interest, although I do know that Dior is doing a tremendous job recruiting his buddies.

I have heard that JB is putting the “full court press” on Mac Etienne (2021 4 star C).  G-Mac is his primary recruiter, but Boeheim is beginning to work really hard on the kid.

As far as the ‘22 offers go, I think we have a fairly decent chance at landing 5* SG Zion Cruz (transferred with Dior to Oak Hill), although he just recently picked up offers from Bama and Kentucky.

Recently offered Ty Rodgers, 4* SG/SF out of Michigan...I hear that most expect him to commit to Sparty.

They offered loads of 4-5* guys.  We’ll see how this evolves, and I’ll be sure to pass along anything I hear that I feel is credible.

Boeheim says Kadari Richmond will play PG

I love it! He has great size for the spot and a feel that is getting much better!

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Boeheim says Kadari Richmond will play PG

I love it! He has great size for the spot and a feel that is getting much better!

I could see that.  Although, his minutes are likely to be very limited playing behind JG3.  I could see Richmond playing both guard spots, actually.  Interesting that he’s listed as a forward on the team roster.  

I think Alan Griffin immediately has a stranglehold on the SF spot.  He was a great pickup.  Perfect for Boeheim’s scheme.  Can shoot very well, play defense, rebound....long, physical player.

PG: Girard

SG: Boeheim

SF: Griffin

PF:  Dolezaj 

? Sidibe 

Guerrier will be first off the bench.  A lot of ?’s at F & C.  I have a feeling that Anselem will quickly move to #2 on the C depth chart, but Boeheim will still use Dolezaj at C a lot.  I’m wondering how Woody Newton fits into the equation.  I hear he is impressing folks in workouts.  

I think we will be much better than last season.  Much more depth/physicality.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I could see that.  Although, his minutes are likely to be very limited playing behind JG3.  I could see Richmond playing both guard spots, actually.  Interesting that he’s listed as a forward on the team roster.  

I think Alan Griffin immediately has a stranglehold on the SF spot.  He was a great pickup.  Perfect for Boeheim’s scheme.  Can shoot very well, play defense, rebound....long, physical player.

PG: Girard

SG: Boeheim

SF: Griffin

PF:  Dolezaj 

? Sidibe 

Guerrier will be first off the bench.  A lot of ?’s at F & C.  I have a feeling that Anselem will quickly move to #2 on the C depth chart, but Boeheim will still use Dolezaj at C a lot.  I’m wondering how Woody Newton fits into the equation.  I hear he is impressing folks in workouts.  

I think we will be much better than last season.  Much more depth/physicality.

Totally agree

Griffin became a key cog. Gurrier has an NBA furture I believe because his athleticism but Griffin is a much purer scorer rn

Ansalem vs Edwards will be a good battle

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

well, it could be worse. This should just heal with some good R&R. The problem is if he develops these chronically. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

well, it could be worse. This should just heal with some good R&R. The problem is if he develops these chronically. 

We only need his foot for a season 😂

In all seriousness though, I’m sure Oak Hill Academy has the finest facilities and athletic trainers.  Hell, they probably have a full medical staff including Orthopedists and physical therapists.  I’m sure he’ll be well taken care of.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MatthewGut21/status/1303495902909419526

Boeheim calls Richmond a really good PG

I can't remember if I said it here, but I've watched probably 5 or 6 full games of Kadary...one of his teammates is a projected top 10 NBA pick and Kadary was better than him. He has a chance to be really good.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dior Johnson has left Oak Hill.  His coach doesn’t know if he’s coming back.  Pets’ heads can commence falling off in Syracuse.

It's because of his injury. He went home because he can't play right now, up in the air if he'll return

But he's coming to cuse

He said the other day he's 100% coming

54 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's because of his injury. He went home because he can't play right now, up in the air if he'll return

But he's coming to cuse

He said the other day he's 100% coming

Cool.  Where’d you see that?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

• Buffalo716 changed the title to Syracuse Basketball 2023-24