Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

Coming up on what should be a great year for the Syracuse Orange!

with 5 returning starters plus Freshmen Carey, Boeheim and Braswell this Cuse club can make some noise in March

Also 2019 Center Ajok has just committed to the Orange 

Heres to a great year!

Edited by Buffalo716

Coveted 4* 2019 SF, Quincy Guerrier, to announce his final 3 tonight at 8:30.  Cuse and Oregon believed to be among his favorites.

Also, Joe Girard III to announce his commitment within a week or so.  It’s believed to be between Cuse and Duke, so you know....

Edit: Guerrier narrows it down to Syracuse, Oregon and Illinois.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Coming up on what should be a great year for the Syracuse Orange!

with 5 returning starters plus Freshmen Carey, Boeheim and Braswell this Cuse club can make some noise in March

Also 2019 Center Ajok has just committed to the Orange 

Heres to a great year!

I thought you guys were calling a season when that guy went to the G League then he even blew that off?

Akok Akok committed to SU?

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

I thought you guys were calling a season when that guy went to the G League then he even blew that off?

Akok Akok committed to SU?

Screw Bazley, whatever. He could’ve been the cherry on top 

Its a sweet 16 team returning 5 starters, a couple of which are NBA players, and 3 really good recruits as well

not to mention a 6’6 SG transfer who is now eligible after sitting last season 

Jon Bowl Ajok was the center to commit. 6’11 current 3* defensive center 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

2019 4* SF Quincy Guerrier announces that he will commit on 10/31.  Looks to be between Oregon and Cuse right now with Illinois on the outside looking in.

Also, 2019 5* C Akok Akok (pronounced Ay-kook Ay-Kook?) making his official visit to Syracuse this weekend.  Believed by most to be a Syracuse lean right now.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:43 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Perhaps the best 3 point shooter of the ‘19 class.  Great job by Red Autry and Gmac to steal him away from Duke and Michigan.

Amazing that Glens Falls High School has churned out two (Jimmer) D-1/NBA level players in recent years. This was big news!!!!

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Amazing that Glens Falls High School has churned out two (Jimmer) D-1/NBA level players in recent years. This was big news!!!!

According to their coach in a video they made about Girard, he said all their varsity seniors had D1 offers

though probably not to Syracuse 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

According to their coach in a video they made about Girard, he said all their varsity seniors had D1 offers

though probably not to Syracuse 

Assuming they probably had at least one or two seniors who weren’t in the starting five, that’s pretty astounding.  Hell, even if they all were starters.  Especially given that they’re a smaller class B school.

Girard is fun to watch.  I see the G-Mac comparisons in his game. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Assuming they probably had at least one or two seniors who weren’t in the starting five, that’s pretty astounding.  Hell, even if they all were starters.  Especially given that they’re a smaller class B school.

Girard is fun to watch.  I see the G-Mac comparisons in his game. 

In the video everybody on their team was banging hard... I never saw b school in NY with players banging that hard lol

except Girard lol

On 10/19/2018 at 7:23 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

2019 4* SF Quincy Guerrier announces that he will commit on 10/31.  Looks to be between Oregon and Cuse right now with Illinois on the outside looking in.

Also, 2019 5* C Akok Akok (pronounced Ay-kook Ay-Kook?) making his official visit to Syracuse this weekend.  Believed by most to be a Syracuse lean right now.

Based on what I've heard, we seem to be pretty confident that Guerrier will commit. Seem to feel like Akok Akok is a coin flip and might be less likely than Isaiah Stewart at this point. My gut feeling is that we end up with neither Akok or Stewart; think Akok Akok ends up at UConn and Stewart at Michigan State or Washington. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my prediction at this point.

Edited by DCOrange

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Based on what I've heard, we seem to be pretty confident that Guerrier will commit. Seem to feel like Akok Akok is a coin flip and might be less likely than Isaiah Stewart at this point. My gut feeling is that we end up with neither Akok or Stewart; think Akok Akok ends up at UConn and Stewart at Michigan State or Washington. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my prediction at this point.

I think we land Guerrier and Akok.  I think our chances at Stewart have improved since Girard committed, and I heard that he has a really good official visit, but I still think he ends up at either Michigan State or Duke.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think we land Guerrier and Akok.  I think our chances at Stewart have improved since Girard committed, and I heard that he has a really good official visit, but I still think he ends up at either Michigan State or Duke.

Our chances at getting Stewart have definitely improved a lot recently. We had been thinking for awhile that we had no realistic chance at him and now there's definitely hope. I know Stewart hated his visit to Kentucky at least, so unless they make a convincing last ditch effort, they're probably out on him.

We'll see with Akok Akok; I'd prefer him over Stewart personally. He's keeping things really close to his vest as far as his recruitment goes. Someone close to him is trying to push him to UConn and has been telling UConn that he's 100% going there, but AA himself has denounced that. I really hope he ends up in orange but I'm not really confident about it.

Guerrier...I think Syracuse would be pretty shocked if they don't get him. Assuming we get him, I'll be pretty satisfied with him and Goodine as the big commitments. Obviously adding Akok and or Stewart to the mix would make it even better though :)

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Our chances at getting Stewart have definitely improved a lot recently. We had been thinking for awhile that we had no realistic chance at him and now there's definitely hope. I know Stewart hated his visit to Kentucky at least, so unless they make a convincing last ditch effort, they're probably out on him.

We'll see with Akok Akok; I'd prefer him over Stewart personally. He's keeping things really close to his vest as far as his recruitment goes. Someone close to him is trying to push him to UConn and has been telling UConn that he's 100% going there, but AA himself has denounced that. I really hope he ends up in orange but I'm not really confident about it.

Guerrier...I think Syracuse would be pretty shocked if they don't get him. Assuming we get him, I'll be pretty satisfied with him and Goodine as the big commitments. Obviously adding Akok and or Stewart to the mix would make it even better though :)

I think most people forget about Goodine who is already a very good commit for ‘19.  With the additions of Guerrier and either Akok and/or Stewart, this has the potential to be one of JB’s best recruiting classes ever.  Your take on Akok being partial to UCONN is new to me, and I’m guessing based on someone “in the know.”  Last I heard he was believed to be a Cuse lean.  We’ll see...

• Like (+1) 1

• Buffalo716 changed the title to Syracuse Basketball 2023-24