Players of interest on other team's practice squads

WyoNewt

As the title says, here's a list of guys on practice squads that I thought were interesting relative to the perceived needs of the Bills.  There's nothing great, but its interesting to consider some of them.

Nico Siragusa (OG - Ravens, 24 years old) - Former 4th rd pick from SDSU.  Played in a run first offense with Rashaad Penny and Donnel Pumphrey.

J.C. Hassenauer (OC - Falcons, 24 years old) - Undrafted FA from Alabama.

Cyrus Jones (CB - Ravens, 24 years old) - Former 2nd rd pick from Alabama.

Dejon Allen (OT - Bears, 24 years old) - UDFA from Hawaii.

Tanner Gentry (WR - Bears, 24 years old) - UDFA from Wyoming. Primary receiver for Josh Allen in 2016.

James Stone (OC - Bears, 26 years old) - UDFA from Tennessee.

Christian Hackenberg (QB - Bengals, 23 years old) - Former 2nd rd pick from Penn State.

Brad Lundblade (OC - Bengals, 23 years old) - UDFA from Oklahoma State.

Kyle Kalis (OG - Browns, 24 years old) - UDFA from Michigan.

Jake Campos (OT - Cowboys, 23 years old) - UDFA from Iowa State.

Treston Decoud (CB/S - Cowboys, 25 years old) - Former 5th round pick from Oregon State.

Cody Wichmann (OG - Cowboys, 26 years old) - Former 6th rd pick from Fresno St. 18 career starts.

Carlos Henderson (WR - Broncos, 23 years old) - Former 3rd rd pick from LaTech.

Roderick Johnson (OG - Texans, 23 years old) - Former 5th rd pick.

D.J. White (CB - Colts, 25 years old) - Former 6th rd pick from GaTech.

Jamil Douglas (OG - Colts, 25 years old) - Former 4th rd pick from Arizona St.

Leonte Carroo  (WR - Dolphins, 24 years old) - Former 3rd rd pick from Rutgers.

Isaac Asiata (OG - Dolphins, 25 years old) - Former 5th rd pick from Utah.

James Ferentz (OC - Patriots, 29 years old) - From Iowa.  They're likely keeping him around for a reason.

• Thank you (+1) 2

As Allen's right hand man I think Gentry deserves a look. It can't hurt to bring in someone who he is familiar with. After all Pittsburgh did the same with Rudolph and Washington. Granted they have Big Ben and AB to sit behind but I think this move could help our rookie QB relax a little more.

Good topic!! A couple of things though:

- Hackenberg MAY be worse than Peterman. That is so incredibly hard to comprehend but it’s true. He’s that kind of terrible. He couldn’t play at Orchard Park High School. 

- The reason that the Pats keep James Ferentz is probably as simple as the relationship that BB and Kirk Ferentz have. I don’t think that there I more to it.

- Gentry makes obvious sense.

- I like the Siragusa thought as well.

- Carlos Henderson is another guy of some interest to me.

There is little harm in trying to turn over the bottom of your roster. You have some guys that are just bad. Why not try out some other young guys that we don’t know if they are bad yet?

When we're four games and looking to dumpster dive, that sums up the life of a bills fan for the past 18 years.  I firmly believe a contingent of intelligent fans that would partake in a democratic process of player selection and scouting would have done a far superior job than the revolving door of sub-par upper management that's gone through here.  Too bad the Bills aren't like the Packers, we could have orchestrated a coup and set this team on track, or the very least improved the draft hit rate.  

19 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

When we're four games and looking to dumpster dive, that sums up the life of a bills fan for the past 18 years.  I firmly believe a contingent of intelligent fans that would partake in a democratic process of player selection and scouting would have done a far superior job than the revolving door of sub-par upper management that's gone through here.  Too bad the Bills aren't like the Packers, we could have orchestrated a coup and set this team on track, or the very least improved the draft hit rate.  

For all the promise Edmunds has shown, we could have stayed put and got Calvin Ridley at 22 and Fred Warner (starting at MLB for the 49ers) at 65.

I don't blame a team moving up to get a QB they believe in if they don't have one.  But Edmunds is really going to have to be special to justify that move up for a linebacker, the players we could have got with those picks and taking him right in front of Derwin James (looks like Sean Taylor reincarnated) already doesn't look good.

6 hours ago, BruceSlayne said:

As Allen's right hand man I think Gentry deserves a look. It can't hurt to bring in someone who he is familiar with. After all Pittsburgh did the same with Rudolph and Washington. Granted they have Big Ben and AB to sit behind but I think this move could help our rookie QB relax a little more.

i would love this move. it's bad enough bringing someone in new to the system . but working with josh could speed things up.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, apparently you in 'tank' or 're-build" frame of mind. 
These guys are on  practice squad for a reason. I dont see  value in bring in more, young, unproven,mediocre,marginal players. We already have  several players of that caliber on our 53.I would hope Beane will try to bring in some talent that can help NOW. We will have 10 or 11 picks next year and money to spend in free agency.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

For all the promise Edmunds has shown, we could have stayed put and got Calvin Ridley at 22 and Fred Warner (starting at MLB for the 49ers) at 65.

I don't blame a team moving up to get a QB they believe in if they don't have one.  But Edmunds is really going to have to be special to justify that move up for a linebacker, the players we could have got with those picks and taking him right in front of Derwin James (looks like Sean Taylor reincarnated) already doesn't look good.

I agree with you 100%, that is why I never was in sell the farm mode to move up.  We could have had the foundational building blocks to help put a young QB in a much better position.  This team always seems to be in reactionary mode, never being proactive, or paving their own path.  Maybe in 3-5 years, they'll realize the game has been rigged to be a passing league, but by then who knows where the focus will be?  In one aspect I feel bad for this new leadership group because they're paying for the sins of their fathers, but in this NFL teams are turning it around in 1-2 seasons with good coaching and leadership from above.  So after this year, they'll have no excuses.