Bills vs. Packers All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

Can someone find the 3rd down play that was like a 3rd and 4 or something and he got sacked and then the broadcast showed the bird's eye view of the play and there were 3 routes that were like 20+ yards down the field and only ONE short route.

Allen had time to deliver a short pass for a 1st down play on that route and as I watched in real time I was pissed he didn't throw it.  But then they showed the bird's eye view on the replay and it was obviously a coverage sack and a really, really poor play call by Daboll, who should have had more quick, short timing routes in the game as a whole, but particularly on a 3rd and short like that.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can someone find the 3rd down play that was like a 3rd and 4 or something and he got sacked and then the broadcast showed the bird's eye view of the play and there were 3 routes that were like 20+ yards down the field and only ONE short route.

Allen had time to deliver a short pass for a 1st down play on that route and as I watched in real time I was pissed he didn't throw it.  But then they showed the bird's eye view on the replay and it was obviously a coverage sack and a really, really poor play call by Daboll, who should have had more quick, short timing routes in the game as a whole, but particularly on a 3rd and short like that.

Cover1 claims many short routes.  But he may be calling <10 yds a short route where we need behind the LOS

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cover1 claims many short routes.  But he may be calling <10 yds a short route where we need behind the LOS

That might be the case.  This might be an isolated instant.  But I distinctly remember one of those 3rd and shorts where Allen was holding onto the ball for awhile and was sacked and the replay showed from above that all the WRs but one were running like 15+ yards past the LOS.

I didn't pay for Game Pass this year and I'm just curious if YPP or Cover-1 are identifying that play as being poor play design by Daboll.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Cover1 points out Allen turns his back to the defense (bad!) on this play apparently designed for Shady (covered like a blanket)

What I see is that there appear to be 3 Bills OL blocking 2, while the DB comes unblocked and another defender is leaping over the prone Dawkins (probable failed cut block)

It isn't our OL is just getting whipped, it's that somehow there is this massive ball of whirling confusion where they can't figure out who should block whom

Nice play to Shady called back by hold, but on the all-22 it is very apparent that if Lee doesn't hold Allen would get smashed. 

Looks like it started as 2-on-one Mills/Lee and Mills got beat like a drum

More Cover1.  Looks to me like Benjamin wide open on the L.  Also looks like Dawkins for once nailed his man on the cut, and Allen would have a clear lane to hit Benjamin. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you switched the uniforms you’d swear this game film was from any year Allen played at Wyoming, it’s the same scenario; bad line, bad WRs and a bad QB.

I need to stop watching and reading analysis of Allen, it’s too depressing to think about, especially when you consider McD and Beane’s future are most likely tied to this kid.

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cover1 points out Allen turns his back to the defense (bad!) on this play apparently designed for Shady (covered like a blanket)

What I see is that there appear to be 3 Bills OL blocking 2, while the DB comes unblocked and another defender is leaping over the prone Dawkins (probable failed cut block)

It isn't our OL is just getting whipped, it's that somehow there is this massive ball of whirling confusion where they can't figure out who should block whom

Nice play to Shady called back by hold, but on the all-22 it is very apparent that if Lee doesn't hold Allen would get smashed. 

Looks like it started as 2-on-one Mills/Lee and Mills got beat like a drum

More Cover1.  Looks to me like Benjamin wide open on the L.  Also looks like Dawkins for once nailed his man on the cut, and Allen would have a clear lane to hit Benjamin. 

Lee is supposed to be a good blocker. I haven’t seen it.

• Like (+1) 1