Lesson learned, A-hole...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post made mention of Oklahoma.  I simply responded to it.  I'm unaware of any other terrorist activity in that area.

282550[/snapback]

That comment was from page 3, before I realized that we were only counting "Muslim people who hijack large airplanes and crash them into buildings" as our sole basis for who to watch out for terrorists.

Try to keep up here, Darin. You're not living up to your reputation in these parts :D

CW

That comment was from page 3, before I realized that we were only counting "Muslim people who hijack large airplanes and crash them into buildings" as our sole basis for who to watch out for terrorists.

Try to keep up here, Darin.  You're not living up to your reputation in these parts ;)

CW

282581[/snapback]

I've been "flying by" most of the day. Only had time to skim. Bite me. :D

I believe that if you want to observe humanity at its worst, go to an airport.  A seemingly normal person will transform into an impatient, rude, whiny, obnoxious and inconsiderate person the moment they enter the airport.  A few of my air travel pet peeves are:

1.  People who try to deboard the plane before someone who is in front of them.

2.  People who try to hog the overhead compartment all for themselves, especially with an item like a jacket that can easily be stored in a more compact location.

3.  People who try to sneak in front of you in line when they are boarding the plane at the gate.

4.  People who ask the airline attendant for a drink before the plane even takes off.  Like they can't sit for ten minutes without a !@#$ing treat.

5.  People who take forever to sit down.  Go to your seat, sit down so the people behind you can get past, and then worry about putting stuff up in the overhead compartment.  Don't hold up the whole line just because you need to get your headphones out of your bag and you need to make sure the zippers of the bag are all pointing north before you close the compartment door.

282043[/snapback]

Or a crowded navigation lock with 9,000 tons of commodity on a Sunday afternoon.

Somehow that $150,000 Donzi becomes an extension of their personal worth? :lol:

People get idignant if they have to wait.

This is where I am gonna go conservative. Let natural selection take over... The idiots that can't get a firm handle on what living amongst others means, will surely be weeded out!

"...And the passengers all said, sit down you'rrrrre rocking the boat."

If you come to the USA and get on one of our flights, and still refuse to take that god damned towel off your head in OUR country, then you should be prohibited from using a bathroom on a flight. Hold it. Or take the towel off.

Yes, ethnocentric. Moreover, I'd rather not die on an airplane at the hands of some crazy who thinks killing himself so that a whole plane full of people die too.

282113[/snapback]

"towelheads" are not even Muslim- they are Sikhs. Sikhs are the 5th largest religion in the world and most are Indian. There were no hijackers from India. Among the main principles of Sikhs are equality for all and peace. Thats very progressive. Kind of like "E pluribus unum". America is a melting pot. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Many founders of our country fled to America for religous freedom. Freedom is beautiful

As long as people feel that they are oppressed and lack the resources, be they political or military in nature, to fight their perceived oppressors, that's true.

282376[/snapback]

But if everything was communized, then we'd all get along just fine, da?

Hate to burst your bubble, but people do pay to be transported in Cessna's.  My father-in-law's a pilot and flies both the 4-seat and 9-seat (?) Cessna's for people all the time.  And I've been a passanger before.

But at least we've established that "Only muslim terrorists who hijack large planes on or about 9/11 and crashed them into important buildings" count in this discussion.  :blink:

CW

282392[/snapback]

Actually, when I saw the hole immediately after the first plane hit the WTC, I thought exactly that: A small plane that they had packed with TNT. It seems to me that would be a lot easier than hijacking a commercial plane.

If you say... :blink:

284750[/snapback]

"As long as people feel that they are oppressed and lack the resources, be they political or military in nature, to fight their perceived oppressors, that's true."

Sounds like something straight out of Engels' mouth.

:blink:

"As long as people feel that they are oppressed and lack the resources, be they political or military in nature, to fight their perceived oppressors, that's true."

Sounds like something straight out of Engels' mouth.

:blink:

284766[/snapback]

:blink: Yeah, I guess it does, doesn't it?