• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Have anything to back that up with?

Oklahoma ring any bells?

CW

282213[/snapback]

Hey, I'm ready to attack anyone on a plane who looks like they're going to try to take it down or try to kill someone. And yes, many people are typical looking Americans who do crazy sh-- like this. But, I'm not alone is saying that when I get onto a plane I know where every Arab is sitting before I boot up my laptop.

Have anything to back that up with?  Or you just using anecdotal evidence you get from the media?

Oklahoma ring any bells?

CW

282213[/snapback]

In the past 30 years, besides Tim McVeigh, name the other non-Muslim terrorists.

Have anything to back that up with?  Or you just using anecdotal evidence you get from the media?

Oklahoma ring any bells?

CW

282213[/snapback]

I didn't say that ALL muslims are terrorists, or that all terrorists are muslim. All I said that most terrorists are muslim. And that's true. Anti-Western terrorists that is. Not the IRA or Basque. Not that I consider Basque's terrorists. I condone their activity since they kill Frenchmen.

In the past 30 years, besides Tim McVeigh, name the other non-Muslim terrorists.

282217[/snapback]

Are you only referring to attacks on US soil, or any terrorist attack in general?

Are you only referring to attacks on US soil, or any terrorist attack in general?

282227[/snapback]

He's referring only to muslin terrorists. See, if you exclude all other terrorists other than muslin ones, then almost all terrorists are muslim! :D

CW

THere have been rumors of terrorists "testing" security on airplanes before. There was a big story on this last year with a "band of musicians" (mostly Syrians) who were roaming around the plane. There was a reporter on board who wrote about her experience. One of the thoughts was, if terrorists can learn how to fly, they can certainly learn how to play instruments.

282121[/snapback]

Suddenly, seven of the men stood up -- in unison -- and walked to the front and back lavatories. One by one, they went into the two lavatories, each spending about four minutes inside. Right in front of us, two men stood up against the emergency exit door, waiting for the lavatory to become available. The men spoke in Arabic among themselves and to the man in the yellow shirt sitting nearby. One of the men took his camera into the lavatory. Another took his cell phone. Again, no one approached the men. Not one of the flight attendants asked them to sit down. I watched as the man in the yellow shirt, still in his seat, reached inside his shirt and pulled out a small red book. He read a few pages, then put the book back inside his shirt. He pulled the book out again, read a page or two more, and put it back. He continued to do this several more times.

I looked around to see if any other passengers were watching. I immediately spotted a distraught couple seated two rows back. The woman was crying into the man's shoulder. He was holding her hand. I heard him say to her, "You've got to calm down." Behind them sat the once pleasant-smiling, goatee-wearing man.

http://www.wben.com/onair/bauerle/terrorintheskies.php

282227[/snapback]

I'm assuming he is referring to attacks on US soil, since no one is quite worried about an attack in Israel when they are flying from Buffalo to Chicago.

He's referring only to muslin terrorists.  See, if you exclude all other terrorists other than muslin ones, then almost all terrorists are muslim!  :D

CW

282235[/snapback]

Can you name a non muslim terrorist that has taken over and crashed a plane on American soil? That's what this discussion is about. People talking over an American planes. Of course people are going to be worried about muslims taking it over and killing them if they are the only ones that have done it before.

282217[/snapback]

I'm afraid I don't know their names, but here are a few incidents from Ireland in the early 90's where terrorist acts were Green (Catholics) on Orange (Protestants):

1990: Car bombings kill 7 and injure 37 in Northern Ireland during the year.

1991: Victoria Station bombing kills one and injures 38. Two PIRA members are killed when their bomb detonates while being placed.

1992: February 28th, a bomb explodes at the London Bridge railway station, injuring 29. April 10, a large bomb is detonated in London, killing three and injuring 91. The Baltic Exchange, a freight futures and freight price exchange, is completely destroyed in the explosion. 8 builders on their way to work at a military base in Omagh are killed by a bomb.

1993: A bomb planted by the PIRA in Warrington kills two children. A truck bomb in London explodes killing two and causing almost half a billion dollars in damage. A bomb explodes prematurely in a fish and chips restaurant, killing the bomber and ten others, including two children.

Boy, by looking at that, I'd say that Protestants should be very wary of all Catholics. I see anybody with Rosary beads on my plane and I'm gonna' watch them like a hawk! :D

I'm afraid I don't know their names, but here are a few incidents from Ireland in the early 90's where terrorist acts were Green (Catholics) on Orange (Protestants):

1991: Victoria Station bombing kills one and injures 38. Two PIRA members are killed when their bomb detonates while being placed.

1992: February 28th, a bomb explodes at the London Bridge railway station, injuring 29. April 10, a large bomb is detonated in London, killing three and injuring 91. The Baltic Exchange, a freight futures and freight price exchange, is completely destroyed in the explosion. 8 builders on their way to work at a military base in Omagh are killed by a bomb.

1993: A bomb planted by the PIRA in Warrington kills two children. A truck bomb in London explodes killing two and causing almost half a billion dollars in damage. A bomb explodes prematurely in a fish and chips restaurant, killing the bomber and ten others, including two children.

Boy, by looking at that, I'd say that Protestants should be very wary of all Catholics.  I see anybody with Rosary beads on my plane and I'm gonna' watch them like a hawk!  :D

282249[/snapback]

None of those were in the US. ANd none of them were in planes. The topic is terrorism on US planes.

Boy, by looking at that, I'd say that Protestants should be very wary of all Catholics.  I see anybody with Rosary beads on my plane and I'm gonna' watch them like a hawk!  :D

282249[/snapback]

I suppose there has been no attacks from the Protestants on the Catholics, eh?

None of those were in the US.  ANd none of them were in planes.  The topic is terrorism on US planes.

282251[/snapback]

I responded to his question asking how many terrorist act have been committed by non-muslims. He didn't specify on American soil or in planes.

Either way, point is that Muslims didn't "invent" terrorism, nor do they now or have they ever held a monopoly on terrorism. There are just as many whack-job fundamentalists from other religions, and by going overboard and standing in judgment of "everyday" Muslims, we give the whackos more fodder and ammunition for their recruiting efforts. That's all.

282249[/snapback]

Those are all examples in the UK and do not involve hijacking planes. Those do not affect my life directly and definitely do not apply to the discussion that this thread originally dealt with. Is it unfair to say that all terrorists are Muslims? Obviously it is. The point that I am trying to defend is that I don't think someone should be criticized for skeptically watching an person of Arab descent while on a domestic flight in the U.S. Maybe it is a bit discriminatory, but when is the last time a redheaded Irish guy flew a plane into a skyscraper in the U.S.? When the thread is about flying on planes in the USA, then I think you should be able to say without any ridicule that most terrorists who hijack planes are Muslims.

To keep within the context of the discussion, I was referring to attacks on US soil.

282238[/snapback]

You picked 30 years, but my data is from 1968 to the present. These are all attacks on U.S. soil:

ALF: 14

FALN: 4

Army of God: 1

BP: 5

BRAT: 5

CSA: Technically 0 but it is alledged that McVeigh was part of this organization and his attack was in retaliation for rulings against CSA member(s).

CFF: 7

ELF: 50

MIRA: 6

Total terrorist incidents since 1968: 92

I suppose there has been no attacks from the Protestants on the Catholics, eh?

282256[/snapback]

Oh hell no, I wouldn't say that! If the first web page I happened to pull up had Cromwell (to take you back a few hundred years) or Bloody Sunday on it, I would have used those. I was only proving a point that terrorism isn't exclusive to whack-job Muslims, whack-job Christians can be just as bad, regardless of denomination.

Can you name a non muslim terrorist that has taken over and crashed a plane on American soil? That's what this discussion is about. People talking over an American planes.  Of course people are going to be worried about muslims taking it over and killing them if they are the only ones that have done it before.

282246[/snapback]

You're drawing conclusions from ONE incident (or 4, if you want to take the entire plan and expand it). So in the past 30 years, there's been ONE attack.

Non-muslim terrorists?

How about Atlanta olympics?

Unibomber?

Oklahoma City?

That's three. Even if you count 9/11 as four separate incidents, that's still only a 4-3 ratio and hardly something to draw conclusions on. Oh, those three don't count because it wasn't on a plane. :D

CW

You picked 30 years, but my data is from 1968 to the present. These are all attacks on U.S. soil:

ALF: 14

FALN: 4

Army of God: 1

BP: 5

BRAT: 5

CSA: Technically 0 but it is alledged that McVeigh was part of this organization and his attack was in retaliation for rulings against CSA member(s).

CFF: 7

ELF: 50

MIRA: 6

Total terrorist incidents since 1968: 92

282272[/snapback]

Do you have a link for that data? I'd like to know what the acronyms stand for. And how many of those attacks involve hijacking airplanes.