Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

On 12/24/2018 at 2:13 PM, Magox said:

I think Foster has a good chance to be a good #2 WR.  McKenzie has a shot at being a serviceable #4.

Croom has a shot at being an ok #2 TE.  

We need 2 more WR's a TE and a new starting RB who is quick that can catch the ball well.  Along with 3 more O-linemen.  

We cant get it all in one off season but we can address most of it if Beane does his job effectively.

I think Croom is your new KB - same measurables, but with better hands and compete. Now if we can just get him to run better routes and to make better decisions.

Clay is toast, but this is a good draft for TE's IMO who have above average blocking ability yet can still create matchup problems for LBs and safeties. FA can be tapped to find better blocking possession-type TE's to fill out the roster.

I don't know if I believe in the #1 WR concept so much as I like the QB to spread the ball around, but every team could use an elite talent at WR that can usually beat single coverage and has reliable hands - especially the way Josh likes to stretch the field; It is not the greatest draft for that though.

I see Foster as a potential #2 as his game is going in the right direction and the 3rd spot is open for grabs with McKenzie in the slot, but all I want in that role is someone who has hands and who can RAC.

Opposing Player Spotlight: Week 17, Buffalo Bills

1074138002.jpg.0.jpg

By Justin Hier 

The Miami Dolphins have been eliminated from the playoffs, but the season is not over. The Dolphins must travel to Buffalo for the team’s season finale against its division rival, and despite the irrelevance of this contest in terms of postseason contention, both coaches and players still have plenty to compete for, most notably their jobs. In order to win this matchup, the Dolphins will need to stop Buffalo’s offense from creating big plays and putting quick points on the board. The Dolphins defense has struggled with preventing splash plays all season. To do so this week Miami will need to stymie Buffalo’s biggest home run threat.

Each week of the 2018 season, I’ve highlighted one player on the opposing team that Dolphins fans should be watching out for. For this final week, that player is Buffalo Bills wide receiver Robert Foster.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:00 PM, GG said:

With two games worth of tape, these guys were exposed for what they are.   If you think that Bills wideouts are only missing one player, you're delusional. 

Zay's production only comes when the defenses don't care about him.  Foster is the No. 1 only because the other guys are hot garbage. McKenzie is no more than a #5 guy.  Bills need 3 new wide outs and 2 new TEs.   

I think they need two. Foster is a legit starter, and anyways, no team has 4 good wideouts. Let's work in the realm of the plausible! 

Watching Foster develope has been one of the few bright spots. I would believe he will continue to get better with each additional rep. He at least has shown some ability to separate unlike most of the other Bills receivers. McKenzie is a bit streaky but now that there is some tape on him, he seems less effective of late...and he scares me to death when he receives kicks....bobbles and fumbles anyone?

Subscription required for full access:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Before Robert Foster burst onto the scene with 490 yards in a six-game stretch for the Bills, the undrafted rookie receiver was terrorizing Alabama defensive backs in practice.

Ben Setas is now Foster’s agent, but from 2011 to 2015 he worked with Alabama’s football program in a variety of areas, including recruiting. He remembers Alabama going up to Pennsylvania to lure Foster, one of the nation’s top receiver prospects in the country, down to the SEC. He also remembers the way Alabama’s laundry list of future NFL cornerbacks reacted when they had to line up across from Foster in practice.

“They couldn’t cover the guy,” Setas said. “I remember (Bears defensive back) Eddie Jackson saying, ‘I would rather cover Amari (Cooper) or somebody than Robert Foster.’ Coach Saban used to say it all the time in staff meetings: ‘I’ve never seen somebody hurt our defense on scout team like this guy has. We have to find a way to play this guy.’ You could see it in practice.”

The puzzling part for NFL teams is that you rarely saw the same production in games. Foster finished his college career with 35 catches for 389 yards and three touchdowns. He already has more yards in the NFL.

“When we watched the film on Robert, the two things that stand out are his size and the vertical speed,” Bills general manager Brandon Beane said. “Now you have to do some digging. What’s going on? Why is he not one of these big-time productive receivers?”

On 12/24/2018 at 8:19 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

There was also the another pass on 4th down that he got a hand after making an adjustment in the end zone on that some people consider a drop.

If you told me a few weeks ago we had a WR aggressive enough to get his hands on that 4th down pass for an almost catch and we'd be *****ing about it looking like a drop.. I'd wouldn't believe it and be over the moon. Dude has a place on this roster for sure as our current best WR. Probably shouldn't be our best WR but I'm happy we at least have one guy I like to keep at the position going forward.

Throw that pass to Holmes and we wouldn't even have registered if a WR is capable of getting hands on that vs Gilmore and wouldn't even call it a drop.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P