How has Star been?

njbuff

14 hours ago, Augie said:

What does not show there is how many blockers he ate up, how much push he got up the middle, etc. That position requires film review and knowledge of what you’re watching, much more than say a WR or RB. It’s not stat driven. Did he allow Edmunds and others to make more plays? THAT is mostly his job, I think. 

The one stat that Star has over Dareus is staying awake in meetings. Another stat that Star has over the departed Bama tackle is that he is in better shape and less jiggly. 

Without question Dareus has the /potential talent to be one of the best tackles in the game. However, I'm glad that Star is on the team. The exchange for Star was very much due to the team composition as it was an individual transaction.  When all is said and done being reliable trumps having grand potential and exhibiting it intermittently. 

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

Edmunds has been clean to run and make tackles, so I'd say Star is doing exactly what he was brought in to do.   Incidentally does anyone notice that when Edmunds makes a tackle, the guy never...EVER falls forward?   When Edmunds hits em, they stop dead

Exactly right. I noticed the same thing pre-draft in his tape. It really stood out.