Non-Bills trades that could/should/you would like to see happen.

whatdrought

20 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Taylor to San Fran would be right up there.   I think it keeps Dorsey from having to tell Hue specifically "do not play Tyrod, play Baker".    

Hue somehow gets ahold of the phone and trades Baker for Pierre Garcon. 

20 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Waiting for the Rams to find a way to get Watt.

The NFL might give up at that point. 

Actually though, it wouldn't be unrealistic for them to trade for Clowney, or Mercilus. Definitely would fill the need for outside pass rushers. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hue somehow gets ahold of the phone and trades Baker for Pierre Garcon. 

The NFL might give up at that point. 

Actually though, it wouldn't be unrealistic for them to trade for Clowney, or Mercilus. Definitely would fill the need for outside pass rushers. 

They aren't going to keep Clowney, his injury history, lack of production and high asking price has to be a no go.  I wouldn't want to trade for him either knowing he will want north of 80 mil in his next contract.   

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

They aren't going to keep Clowney, his injury history, lack of production and high asking price has to be a no go.  I wouldn't want to trade for him either knowing he will want north of 80 mil in his next contract.   

But the rams are obviously willing to mortgage the future for a chance at the Superbowl. A 3rd rounder for him, even if he is just a rental, would be worth it to plug that talent into that defense. 

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But the rams are obviously willing to mortgage the future for a chance at the Superbowl. A 3rd rounder for him, even if he is just a rental, would be worth it to plug that talent into that defense. 

Right.  I'm pretty sure they were on the short list of teams serious about Mack.  I think they planned to play him this year, then tag and flip him for anything next year.  They are all in.

Just now, whatdrought said:

They would be the team to do it.    Eventually throwing draft picks at one year rentals is going to catch up to them, but at the moment they're pretty stacked. 

Tyrod to SF makes a lot of sense since Cleveland has Stanton to back up Mayfield.  Lynch picks up the phone & either calls Cleveland or Kaepernick's agent.  The fact that Kaepernick played in SF before and the fan base isn't in a conservative area makes SF the ideal place for Kaep to resurface. 

9 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

They would be the team to do it.    Eventually throwing draft picks at one year rentals is going to catch up to them, but at the moment they're pretty stacked. 

It's an interesting thing to watch play out. The idea, I think, is that it's so hard to accumulate enough talent to make a Superbowl run that you might as well go balls to the wall and make it happen quickly, even if it isn't stable long term. The problem with that philosophy, at least it seems, is that every tiny little detail has to work so perfectly together to get to the Superbowl that it almost becomes an odds thing. So in one way, a long sustained period of good enough to contend actually probably increases the chances of winning the SB (see patriots) instead of a two year window of best in the NFL. I mean, what happens if Goff gets hurt, or Gurley. They have built such a small window that they have no room for error. 

Though, in their defense, they have seemingly done well nailing down some of these guys for the long term. 

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Tyrod to SF makes a lot of sense since Cleveland has Stanton to back up Mayfield.  Lynch picks up the phone & either calls Cleveland or Kaepernick's agent.  The fact that Kaepernick played in SF before and the fan base isn't in a conservative area makes SF the ideal place for Kaep to resurface. 

Regardless of the politics of it all, it's hard to imagine someone that far removed from playing (let alone playing successfully) being able to be much more effective than Beathard. Seems like Taylor would be a much better option. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Kaep's career is over.  His decision to sue the league slammed the door shut on his career.  Now with his Nike deal (and I'm sure other advertising deals) he's making plenty off the field.