Week 3 Grades - Bills: A+ Patriots: D

cd1

I know, I know - but just SAVOR IT!

BUF.png

Bills: A+

Maybe Vontae Davis was holding the Bills' defense back. One week after the cornerback ditched the team at halftime of a loss, the Bills defense responded by playing their best game of the season. Led by Jerry Hughes and Trent Murphy -- who both caused fumbles -- the Bills racked up four sacks on Kirk Cousins. Oh, and we should probably give some credit to Josh Allen, who stiff-armed and hurdled the Vikings defense for 39 yards on the ground and two rushing touchdowns. In his first road start, the rookie also threw for 196 yards and a touchdown. 

NE.png 

Patriots: D

This game is definitely going to go down as one of the ugliest offensive performances that the Patriots have pulled off in the Brady-Belichick era. The Patriots totaled only 209 yards, their fifth lowest total since 2003. Outside of Gronk, Brady has no one to throw to, which means things might not get better for New England until Julian Edelman returns in Week 5. The Patriots also hope that Josh Gordon starts picking up the offense sometime real soon. With the 16-point loss, the Patriots have now lost by double-digits in two straight games for the first time since December 2002. Just imagine how ugly this game would have gotten if the Patriots had traded Gronk to the Lions. Oh, and the Patriots defense wasn't great either. The team can't stop the run, and it's a problem that Belichick can't seem to solve. The Patriots have surrendered at least 4.3 yards per carry in every game they've played this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Pats always start slow. As always, way to early to write them off. 

Yeah but at some point Brady will start declining and won't be able to magically fix all their issues after the first few weeks...

Father Time is undefeated

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah but at some point Brady will start declining and won't be able to magically fix all their issues after the first few weeks...

Father Time is undefeated

58 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I agree, but two consecutive bad games by Tom Brady is something new. 

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

No cheating tapes early in the season.

I’m guessing Brady looks better once Edelman is off suspension. He has no one to throw to other Gronk.

Hoping that the Pats decline is real tho.