Week 4: Packers Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Daboll did an excellent job yesterday. If Shady is playing this week don’t change a thing. He is no longer the center piece of an offense. 

Shady's presence will only elevate the offense.  He's the best RB and receiver.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Shady's presence will only elevate the offense.  He's the best RB and receiver.

It's about complementary football and Shady can certainly play a big role in that as the team shifts its focus toward becoming QB centric with Allen emerging.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

Dougherty: Packers may have lost much more than just a game

LANDOVER, Md. - This was more than just an early-season L on the Green Bay Packers’ record.

They played poorly, no question, in their 31-17 loss to Washington. But that happens to pretty much every team during the long NFL season. Three weeks into this NFL season, only three teams (the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Rams and Miami Dolphins) are 3-0.

But a team that had been remarkably healthy since training camp — yes, Aaron Rodgers is hurt, but least he can play — finally sustained some hits that will leave a mark.

The Packers have plenty of players on the roster they can be fine playing without. But the injuries to Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle) and Bryan Bulaga (back) are the kind of losses that can erode their team.

It’s probably safe to assume Wilkerson’s season is finished. He had to leave FedEx Field on a cart and reportedly was taken to the hospital during the game.

Then there’s Bulaga. He left the game late in the second quarter and never returned. And if we learned anything from training camp, it’s that the Packers can’t afford to lose either of their starting tackles for a long stretch, or worse yet, the season.

Jason Spriggs replaced Bulaga on Sunday and couldn’t get it done. He gave up three bad pressures on the first 11 plays of the second half, and a few snaps later had a false start penalty. Especially with a hobbled Rodgers, that’s a big problem. Any game Bulaga misses, coach Mike McCarthy’s offensive plans have to change, and not for the better.

The highs and lows on this board is priceless lol. Just 2 days ago everyone is predicting a huge blowout loss to the Vikings (me included) with the bills possibly getting the first pick off the board in next years draft.  And now lots of people are confident the Bills are going to go to green bay and knock off a rod and the packers lol.

Gotta love the highs and lows of a NFL season:)

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

The highs and lows on this board is priceless lol. Just 2 days ago everyone is predicting a huge blowout loss to the Vikings (me included) with the bills possibly getting the first pick off the board in next years draft.  And now lots of people are confident the Bills are going to go to green bay and knock off a rod and the packers lol.

Gotta love the highs and lows of an NFL season:)

The Packers are very much vulnerable right now given the personnel and their injury situation.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Gotta love the highs and lows of an NFL season:)

I think this speaks as to why the NFL is so monetarily successful.  The number of games in an NFL season is akin to the number of episodes to a really good TV series, the sports with "too many" games just don't have the same level of drama.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Packers are very much vulnerable right now given the personnel and their injury situation.

I agree for sure. But I am just saying how fast things can change in the NFL. 

No no one in their right mind would possibly predict the Bills winning just a few days ago.

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Your point? That they didn’t take the Bills lightly? Yeah, that’s my point. Coaches do not take any NFL teams lightly.

That is correct, Zimmer's quote backs up your point.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is one of these where I just want to say "Jeebus Aaron sit down and heal up already"

• Like (+1) 2