Week 3: Vikings Game Preparation - Shaq Lawson Declared Out; Cook & Griffen Out for MIN; Shady Out

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you want to crown him, then crown his a $ $

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Vikings-Bills Week 3 Preview | Baldy's Breakdowns (2:55)

NFL Network's Brian Baldinger takes a closer look at the Week 3 matchup between the Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings.

NFL Expert Picks: Vikings Return Home to Host the Bills

The Vikings are back at U.S. Bank Stadium during Week 3.

Minnesota takes on the Buffalo Bills (0-2) who have lost their first two games by double digits.

Buffalo lost 47-3 during Week 1 in Baltimore against the Ravens and surrendered a 31-20 defeat at home against the Los Angeles Chargers during Week 2.

Rookie quarterback Josh Allen will start his second career game on Sunday after a debut where he threw for 245 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions against the Bolts.

Let’s see what is expected from the Vikings in their Week 3 matchup:

1 p.m. ET (CBS) | U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis)

This just looks ugly on paper. And it probably will on the field, too. Who knows, maybe the _Bills_ will force two quick turnovers, one being a scoop-and-score, and go up 13-0 or 17-0. Or maybe (probably) Josh Allen's protection will break down in 2.3 seconds, and the Buffalo rookie will get sacked five times and hit a dozen others. Here's what I know: This is an awful matchup for a Bills team that has offensive line woes. If Buffalo can't establish the run again (83 yards in Week 1, 84 in Week 2), they're done. Look for Minnesota coach Mike Zimmer to play the long game, allowing the better roster to prevail without taking unnecessary risks offensively. Essentially, he won't give a turnover-starved defense any freebies.

20 hours ago, RFL said:

Cousins and Diggs all day......hope the D can bring it.  Only bright side.....I have Diggs on my fantasy team.....

I picked up Cousins today.  Not rooting against my Bills, of course, but ya gotta hedge your bets...

• Like (+1) 1

OBL 9/20: Thurman Thomas on LeSean McCoy; NFL on CBS’ Tracy Wolfson previews Sunday’s game; Josh Allen on his first road start in the NFL; HOFer John Randle on Dennis Green & more

Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas discussed the Pro Football HOF and Bills RB LeSean McCoy’s rib injury (28:58). NFL on CBS’ sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson previewed the Bills-Vikings game this Sunday (48:57). Bills QB Josh Allen talked about playing at the Vikings this Sunday (1:28:21). Hall of Famer John Randle on his NFL career and former Vikings head coach Dennis Green (1:54:05).

Presser Points: DeFilippo on Bills D, Edwards on Johnson’s Return, Priefer on Bailey

EAGAN, Minn. – Vikings Offensive Coordinator John DeFilippo is getting the offensive unit ready for a Bills defense that could offer new looks on Sunday.

For the second half of Buffalo’s Week 2 matchup, Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott took over play-calling duties from Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier.

Here are five other topics covered by DeFilippo, Defensive Coordinator George Edwards and Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer.

1. DeFilippo on O’Neill’s NFL debut

2. Edwards on the return of Tom Johnson

3. Edwards on the flux of Vikings D-line rotation

4. Priefer on parting with Carlson

5. Priefer on bringing in Bailey

Film Room: Despite Slow Start, Bills Can Present Problems For Vikings (7:29)

Former Vikings player and coach Pete Bercich joins Paul Allen on this week's "Vikings GamePlan" to break down how, despite their rough start to the season, the Bills can pose a threat to the Vikings this Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.