9-11: Lance Leipold on WGR

26CornerBlitz

19 hours ago, row_33 said:

One

Such a shame.  The other MAC schools have their guys apparently stick around for a couple of good years before moving on, but I really do see Lance potentially moving after only his first winning season in Buffalo.

i also don't think it is just going to be a winning season as I think at least 10 wins are possible.

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Such a shame.  The other MAC schools have their guys apparently stick around for a couple of good years before moving on, but I really do see Lance potentially moving after only his first winning season in Buffalo.

i also don't think it is just going to be a winning season as I think at least 10 wins are possible.

UB will lose a lot of talent this draft. Can't blame him it he gets out while on top. But Tyree Jackson is only a junior. He could stay one more season and really optimize his draft stock. Maybe Lance stays too if Tyree does? 

Either way, UB has to sign him to a fat extension, if only to get a maximum buyout when he leaves. Crowds of 20K aren't going to fund the athletic budget enough to retain top coaching. 

Last night was about a perfect night for football as there is in WNY and still only 20K showed. Sad.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UB will lose a lot of talent this draft. Can't blame him it he gets out while on top. But Tyree Jackson is only a junior. He could stay one more season and really optimize his draft stock. Maybe Lance stays too if Tyree does? 

Either way, UB has to sign him to a fat extension, if only to get a maximum buyout when he leaves. Crowds of 20K aren't going to fund the athletic budget enough to retain top coaching. 

Last night was about a perfect night for football as there is in WNY and still only 20K showed. Sad.

Ptr, I mentioned it before that I badly wanted to go.  However, I just wasn't feeling well.

such an event and a good price.  I would love a sellout soon.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, MAJBobby said:

Wonder how many more years of Success until he ends up getting major offers and leaves UB

Seems like Lance enjoys stability and is not looking to jump around.  I mean the guy stayed at D-3 Wisconsin-Whitewater for 8 years.  It was really out of the box for him to agree to join UB and go to an FBS program.   Now that he's finally turned the roster over, getting his players and has assembled a solid staff, the team is winning.   Pretty sure he and his family enjoy living in Clarence.. and i think he stays at least 3 more seasons.    Why would you build something up and then jump to a Rutgers for example and get stressed out and pummeled.  

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Seems like Lance enjoys stability and is not looking to jump around.  I mean the guy stayed at D-3 Wisconsin-Whitewater for 8 years.  It was really out of the box for him to agree to join UB and go to an FBS program.   Now that he's finally turned the roster over, getting his players and has assembled a solid staff, the team is winning.   Pretty sure he and his family enjoy living in Clarence.. and i think he stays at least 3 more seasons.    Why would you build something up and then jump to a Rutgers for example and get stressed out and pummeled.  

If a decent top school comes calling he is gone, unless of course the Bulls match the pay

On 9/16/2018 at 7:39 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Depends on what he wants out of life

Can't blame him if he jumps for more $$ and fame, but some don't want that in life and build up a long career

burnout, real bad burnout is usually the result of taking on too much....  i've seen it all around me

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Depends on what he wants out of life

Can't blame him if he jumps for more $$ and fame, but some don't want that in life and build up a long career

burnout, real bad burnout is usually the result of taking on too much....  i've seen it all around me

Absolutely don't disagree with you, row.  However, wouldn't it be something if he just put it off for a year?

I may be wrong, but didn't Northern Illinois have a couple of great seasons before their guy left?

Edit:  Yeah, Dave Doeren finished 11-3 in 2011 and then stuck around for a 12-2 year in 2012 before moving on to NC State.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 9/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Its college. That is why you recruit. Reload

they aren’t losing that many players to the draft, just 2.

they have a great cast of FR, SO, JRs , coming back.

and Leipold stayed at Wisconsin white water for almost a decade. He isn’t jumping ship after this year

and Sadly you need to accept that Buffalo is not a college sports town,  no matter how good the Bulls get. They will need a new venue if they ever wanna get more backing or sustained continued success for years

its been the same loyal 15-20k fans since the beginning 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

What do you think about KJ Osborne? He really is exploding rn and is really strong. P4P one of the strongest on the team

He has some good speed and hands. I might have to put him on my 2020 draft radar

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

What do you think about KJ Osborne? He really is exploding rn and is really strong. P4P one of the strongest on the team

He has some good speed and hands. I might have to put him on my 2020 draft radar

Thanks to EMU trying in stop Anthony Johnson, Osborne had himself a career game. If Jackson decided to stick around for his senior season, those two would continue the exciting offense.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thanks to EMU officiating in stopping Anthony Johnson, Osborne had himself a career game. If Jackson decided to stick around for his senior season, those two would continue the exciting offense.

For sure and it’s more than him... the RS Freshmen Charles Jones is making some plays

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.