September 11th Anniversary --Post Your Thoughts

Tiberius

9/11 was an unimaginable event–Here's my hope and prayer on this somber anniversary

by Jon Scott

Original Article

Teens born to 9/11 widows won’t forget the dads they never knew

by Lauren Steussy

Original Article

The unsung tale of 9/11’s maritime rescuers

by James Henry

Original Article

9/11: You Said You Wouldn’t Forget. You Did.

by Abraham H. Miller

Original Article

Image result for 9/11 photos.............Image result for fbi re releases 9 11 pentagon

• Thank you (+1) 1

George Bush's address to the nation on 9-11 included this vow: 

The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources for our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/bush.speech.text/

The Taliban harbored them. Never forget! 

On 9/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, Foxx said:

the real questions are, what really happened to this building that housed a whole crap load of gold along with all the records that were kept there and why?

So the motivation for the whole thing was to cover up documents and steal gold from #7?

And instead of buying a few shredders and stealing the gold via the loading doc they arranged to have 20 guys hijack planes and crash them into adjacent buildings, hoping those buildings would collapse and cause enough surrounding chaos that no one would notice when the pre-wired #7 was imploded later the same day?

Ok, that makes sense.  I’m on board.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

So the motivation for the whole thing was to cover up documents and steal gold from #7?

And instead of buying a few shredders and stealing the gold via the loading doc they arranged to have 20 guys hijack planes and crash them into adjacent buildings, hoping those buildings would collapse and cause enough surrounding chaos that no one would notice when the pre-wired #7 was imploded later the same day?

You think the Clintons left office broke and then became multi-millionaires honestly?  

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Blowing up 7 was the coverup, because the gold was in 4 & 5.

Watched coverage this morning from MSNBC, CNN & Fox. Fox stuck to basically straight memorial coverage while both CNN & MSNBC found something political to say even when showing film of the memorials. They both criticized the John Bolton firing/resignation but only because of the turnover in that position. They lamented that we lost that lovin feeling that we had after 9/11 and intimated that it was because of the present president. All in all, nothing different than what I expected.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

But.....they wrote a book.  Makes sense they have more money than J.K. Rowling.

Their $500,000 mindless blather fee doesn't hurt either.  

But if anyone was going to go all "Die Hard With A Vengeance" on lower Manhattan, it would be the Suicide King and Queen.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I'd hoped you'd skip those.  Really not photos I feel particularly compelled to relive.

9/11 MEMORIES: 

‘We May Have to Shoot Down This Aircraft:’ What the chaos aboard Flight 93 on 9/11 looked like to the White House, to the fighter pilots prepared to ram the cockpit and to the passengers.

One thing I guess I didn’t believe 17 years ago is that America would elect such a feckless President in 2008, and stand idly by while he flushed our global position, and security, down a left-wing toilet.

But we did, and we’ll be paying the price for a long time. That said, for the first time I feel like our diplomacy is on a good track, and that — thanks also to fracking — the problems that led to 9/11 are being addressed.

God bless America. We need it.

by Glenn Reynolds 

A 9/11 REMINDER: Never Forget How U.S. Intelligence Failed You.

September 10, 2001: “Make no mistake, it’s not revenge he’s after. It’s a reckoning.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20170922044242/http://americandigest.org/wp/september-10-2001-make-no-mistake-not-revenge-hes-reckoning/

2001.jpeg

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

September 10, 2001: “Make no mistake, it’s not revenge he’s after. It’s a reckoning.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20170922044242/http://americandigest.org/wp/september-10-2001-make-no-mistake-not-revenge-hes-reckoning/

The happiest man in America on September 11th, 2001 was Gary Condit.

That's how much of a sea change this was.  Chandra Levy and Condit went from the top story to "Who?" in 45 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Their $500,000 mindless blather fee doesn't hurt either.  

But if anyone was going to go all "Die Hard With A Vengeance" on lower Manhattan, it would be the Suicide King and Queen.

I'd hoped you'd skip those.  Really not photos I feel particularly compelled to relive.

You and I and a host of others don't need to see those pics again. They're seared into my brain so it really doesn't matter either way to me. There are people who weren't old enough or not born yet that need to have a fuller understanding of what went on that day and why we need to "never forget".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You and I and a host of others don't need to see those pics again. They're seared into my brain so it really doesn't matter either way to me. There are people who weren't old enough or not born yet that need to have a fuller understanding of what went on that day and why we need to "never forget".

Yes, never forget that somebody did something.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

i missed all the TV coverage that day, on a long drive to visit a client for the first time, listened to Howard Stern all the way up as it happened (and the next day) which helped a lot.

still haven't watched any footage of the buildings, don't voluntarily plan to.

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i missed all the TV coverage that day, on a long drive to visit a client for the first time, listened to Howard Stern all the way up as it happened (and the next day) which helped a lot.

still haven't watched any footage of the buildings, don't voluntarily plan to.

Me too -- by choice.  After getting the ***** out of Lower Manhattan, a buddy and I sat outside at a bar in Norwalk drinking and smoking for about 9 hours.