Jets game proved teams are built in the trenches

10 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

makes the line look much better when the defence isn't just rushing everybody at them because they know the QB can't make a pass to his own team.....

Not saying their oline is good, but they will look better with a QB thats a threat in the passing game.

this.  The Lions looked bad.  Patricia is probably another in a long line of Belichick assistants that dont fare well as a head coach.  Darnold gave up the pick six early and then really received no pressure to speak of.  Confidence booster for him, but i watched him too many times under the gun in usc games.  He will turn it over.  Still think the Bills got the best qb out of the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

They are also playing at home against an Opponent who has a new HC (and hence a new scheme).  They did not have to go into Baltimore and play in the rain.  The pass rush from the Ravens were a lot different than what the Lions offered.  We cannot compare the two games!

Pretty sure the Jets we’re playing on the road, too.

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

They are also playing at home against an Opponent who has a new HC (and hence a new scheme).  They did not have to go into Baltimore and play in the rain.  The pass rush from the Ravens were a lot different than what the Lions offered.  We cannot compare the two games!

The Detroit Jets ?

13 hours ago, offyourocker said:

The Jets seem to be light years ahead of us and they have 100m in cap room next year.  I don’t see a silver lining amy time soon

I wouldn't say light years, we capitalized off of turnovers and our special teams showed up. No matter what AFC East games are usually close.

41 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I wouldn't say light years, we capitalized off of turnovers and our special teams showed up. No matter what AFC East games are usually close.

It helped that Stafford preffered passing to the green team and not the blue one, and their defence didnt just try to stop the run all day cause they knew you wouldn't beat them in the air. Throw in having WRs that made plays for the QB and can catch the ball and things look good.

Edited by apuszczalowski

Jets game proved teams are built in the trenches

Wait?... What!!!!

I hope you're not implying that the Jets are the model of how a team should be built and how a franchise should be run!

Just joshing! I know what you meant. 

No one is used to seeing the Jets mentioned as a "how to" example.