Taking a look at Brandon Beane's acquisitions.

Klaista2k

2 hours ago, artmalibu said:

With 56 mil in dead money its hard to think they would have a talented roster.  

You understand the dead money was created by Beane?  

3 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

AJ Mccarron - Disappointment and then traded away for a 5th.

Vontae Davis - Benched

Trent Murphy - Looks like damaged goods

Star Louteleli - 50 million really? Looks like a terrible signing. 

K. Benjamin - Has been a huge disappointment. Can see why Carolina got rid of him. 

Russell Bodine - Another bad signing. 

These all look like really bad signings. 

Is Beane just a bad talent evaluator or what? 

You forgot Ivory and Jordan Mathews

Beane, in his short tenure, has been a disaster. How shipping off Dareus and replacing him with Star (talk about a misleading name), or replacing Watkins with Matthews or Benjamin counts as improving the roster is beyond comprehension. In a league where every team is dying to have strong starting offensive tackles, he gets rid of Cordy Glenn when he could have kept him and had bookend tackles in Glenn and Dawkins on which to build a killer o-line. 

The only hope I see for Beane is if he hit a home run with Allen, although with this supporting cast, it's going to be hard for Allen to show us much. 

I thought they would be lucky to win five games this season. Make that three. 

With Watkins, he has not done much since he left.  So not much of an issue there, even though I still would have liked him to stay.  Dares refused to be coached here, didn't play hard enough, and had a crazy big contract.  Darby?  Maybe not a great decision.

People are all upset over the process.  Well, they do have a process, and part of that was getting rid of all the bloated contracts, and getting rid of guys they felt did not perform up to those contracts.

As for guys brought in?  Benjamin?  Horrible yesterday.  Put aside his one drop, he did not fight for the ball.  Just sad to see.  Not worth the 3rd they gave up for him.  Davis?  If he's till hurt a bit we'll see.  Star?  Hard for me to evaluate these space eating DTs.  Murphy?  we'll see once he's healthy.

As for guys they should have brought in?  They need help on the O line, obviously.  Were there guys they could have or should have brought in?  Possibly, but their cap constraints and getting out from the bloated ones they had kept them from doing so this year.  So you bring in second tier guys like Bodine.  The problem there is you then have to coach them up, and you have to wonder if the O line coach needs to go. 

The process means you build primarily through the draft, and I like some of the guys they've drafted.  Dawkins, Phillips, White.  They got their Qb and MLB this year.  Edmunds you could tell from yesterday is going to be a force.  Allen will take the reins and he'll have a50?50 shot like all drafted QBs, but he at least seems to have the requisite physical talent and seems to rally the team around him.

I thought they'd be 6-8 this year.  May have to ratchet that down after yesterday, but then again last year they got blown out three times in a row and rallied back.  So we'll see.  I hope they bring in a O lineman, start teller, put Ducasse to pasture.  A

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

The way that I see it is like this... out of the names you mentioned the only FA signing you can pin on Beane are Star and maybe Trent Murphy.  And the jury is still out on both of those guys.

Guys like Bodine, Davis, and McCarron were all low-risk/high reward situations.  They were not Day 1 or even Day 2 Free agents.  They signed them as reasonable prices.  It’s not like they broke the bank.

The Bills probably never got the return on Benjamin.  Last season it was a mix of injuries and a QB in Tyrod who doesn’t throw WR’s open and is reluctant to throw contested passes.  Today’s effort was abysmal.  Still on paper the 3rd round pick they gave up seemed reasonable.  Oh and they did break that playoff streak, so you. So you can argue the trade was justified.

Ah yes, the “Tyrod holding everyone else back” argument. 

Week 1:  Landry 106yds receiving. 

Its such a shame that the Bills had a 13-3 roster but only managed to go 9-7 last yr bc Tyrod held the offense back. 

This year we’ll show them...

Edited by bobobonators

8 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He signed a bad contract. He shouldn’t have been offered that contract to begin with.

And nearly everyone here gave him a zero chance of making the team. So clearly there is a disconnect between fans’ perception and his true value.

Exactly.

HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT.

If he was so offended by it then he shouldn't have signed in the first place, should he?

Your thought process is completed illogical and disconnected.

They offered him a new deal.

He accepted it.

Afterwards he decided he wanted more, so threw a tantrum.

If he was so sure he was worth more $$ then he shouldn't have signed 

It's that simple.

In regards to Foster: clearly there is a disconnect between our front office and coaches and what a good wr actually is. You are using a coaching staff as a barometer for wr talent evaluation who have proven they have zero clue how to evaluate wr talent.

Keep it up sky.

At least you're consistent in your complete lack of coherent discussion.

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Exactly.

HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT.

If he was so offended by it then he shouldn't have signed in the first place, should he?

Your thought process is completed illogical and disconnected.

They offered him a new deal.

He accepted it.

Afterwards he decided he wanted more, so threw a tantrum.

If he was so sure he was worth more $$ then he shouldn't have signed 

It's that simple.

In regards to Foster: clearly there is a disconnect between our front office and coaches and what a good wr actually is. You are using a coaching staff as a barometer for wr talent evaluation who have proven they have zero clue how to evaluate wr talent.

Keep it up sky.

At least you're consistent in your complete lack of coherent discussion.

He signed the contract, thought better of it and fired his agent who he probably feels didn't represent him well in the negotiation. I'm sure that he isn't the fist and won't be the last to have buyers remorse. 

Are the Bills better of without him. I don't think so. If the Bills don't low ball him, maybe he's still on the team.

I'll trust the judgement of individuals who have made it to the NFL over Joe Fan. Foster earned a spot on the roster. Accept it. Embrace it.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

He signed the contract, thought better of it and fired his agent who he probably feels didn't represent him well in the negotiation. I'm sure that he isn't the fist and won't be the last to have buyers remorse. 

Are the Bills better of without him. I don't think so. If the Bills don't low ball him, maybe he's still on the team.

I'll trust the judgement of individuals who have made it to the NFL over Joe Fan. Foster earned a spot on the roster. Accept it. Embrace it.

He.

Signed.

The.

Contract.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's early, but the team needs to get more from these guys.

**Vomit**

• Like (+1) 1