Bucky Brooks: Nathan Peterman Will Be "Human Pinata" Behind Bad Offensive Line

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

How some people forget about how much of a laughing stock the Bills were last year when they traded one starting CB and Watkins and let Gilmore sign with the enemy.  We were lucky to get 2 wins.  We didn't win the offseason but before a game is played if you are a fan you should maintain some type of optimism.

As McDermott says, "Last year is last year". 

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't care to. It's not what we're discussing here. 

Because you can’t.  Call it misfortune or bad luck.  But as a 2nd round pick you can’t deny that his career was not fruitful.  One of the least productive 2nd round picks ever.

again, prove me wrong?  Oh wait you can’t.

Because you like him as an analyst you want to change history.  So much fun proving biased thoughts wrong

Edited by BuffaloRush

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Because you can’t.  Call it misfortune or bad luck.  But as a 2nd round pick you can’t deny that his career was not fruitful.  One of the least productive 2nd round picks ever.

again, prove me wrong?  Oh wait you can’t.

Because you like him as an analyst you want to change history.

Meanwhile back on topic. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Eric Wood told a story on OBL yesterday about how a few years ago they had a similar preseason with the offensive line. Everyone dumped on them and the narrative all around the league was about how bad the oline in Buffalo was.

Then they went on to lead the league in rushing and gave up among the fewest sacks in the NFL.

His point was that preseason can be very different from the regular season.

We may have a bad oline or may not, but it has nothing to do with how they performed in the preseason.

But, this was waaaaaayy bad. Like, worse than I have ever seen type of bad. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Because you can’t.  Don’t make a strong statement like that and refuse to defend it.  

Please go back to imploring people to listen to Sully's crap interview that no one cares about just like no one cares about your opinion of Bucky Brooks being one of the biggest busts in Bills' draft history. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Please go back to imploring people to listen to Sully's crap interview that no one cares about just like no one cares about your opinion of Bucky Brooks being one of the biggest busts in Bills' draft history. 

Ok I just asked you to explain why he isn’t?  

By the way people really love the 30 tweets you post per day

48 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Not Germaine to this conversation?  Ok that’s true....just pointing out what a colossal disappointment Bucky was for the Bills.  

Here is where you are 100% wrong.  How was he not a bust as a 2nd round pick?  Just because you like him as an analyst doesn’t mean he wasn’t a terrible NFL player.   Do explain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He had a decent stint as a DB and managed to stick around for a few seasons. Not a good WR though. Still has nothing to do with the validity of his analysis. The Bills Oline is a huge area of concern right now. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

42 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Not Germaine to this conversation?  Ok that’s true....just pointing out what a colossal disappointment Bucky was for the Bills.  

Here is where you are 100% wrong.  How was he not a bust as a 2nd round pick?  Just because you like him as an analyst doesn’t mean he wasn’t a terrible NFL player.   Do explain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is relevant to the source. It is acceptable to attack the source, although it doesn't take away from the truth of the comment from the source.

It is an opinion, which makes this the worst take. 

Much like talk radio and message boards, opinions are like as******, everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks. 

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He had a decent stint as a DB and managed to stick around for a few seasons. Not a good WR though. Still has nothing to do with the validity of his analysis. The Bills Oline is a huge area of concern right now. 

Take a look at these stats as DB.  They don’t look “decent” at all.  Especially not as a 2nd rounder.  He never played more than 6 games in any year.  Only 3 for the Bills.  In terms of a DB his career was on par with an undrafted FA.

http://www.nfl.com/player/buckybrooks/2499805/careerstats

for the Bills, he contributed next to nothing.  Probably the worst 2nd rounder.

I wish @26CornerBlitz would share his reasons for Bucky not being the worst 2nd round pick by the Bills “by a long shot.”  

Edited by BuffaloRush

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Take a look at these stats as DB.  They don’t look “decent” at all.  Especially not as a 2nd rounder.  He never played more than 6 games in any year.  Only 3 for the Bills.  In terms of a DB his career was on par with an undrafted FA.

http://www.nfl.com/player/buckybrooks/2499805/careerstats

for the Bills, he contributed next to nothing.  Probably the worst 2nd rounder.

I wish @26CornerBlitz would share his reasons for Bucky not being the worst 2nd round pick by the Bills “by a long shot.”  

I don’t care about stats or how bad Brooks was as a WR or a draft pick. He managed to hang around in the NFL for 5 years and that’s doing ok for himself. Decent, in other words.  He wasn’t a starting CB or anything , just a DB in the league. If I had to pick a worst 2 nd rounder for the Bills it would be Torrel Troup ( ?). He was picked while Gronkowski was on the board and barely suited up for the Bills due to constant injury issues. Don’t know if he ever even appeared in a game. Was a higher 2nd rounder than Brooks as well. Anyway, it doesn’t have any effect on the validity of Brook’s opinions. That is the larger point.