Sai Maiorana - LeSean McCoy on Playing in Buffalo Now: 'The Fans Are Like Family'

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

LeSean McCoy on Playing in Buffalo Now: 'The Fans Are Like Family'

Star running back has had his issues, but remains one of Bills most productive players

ORCHARD PARK — Three and a half years since one of several days where his life was turned upside down, LeSean McCoy still feels the need to make sure Bills fans know that it was never about them.

When he was traded to Buffalo by the Philadelphia Eagles in March 2015 to what was essentially pro football Siberia — a deal that came out of nowhere, shocked the NFL, and rocked McCoy to his core — he said it then and he says it still today, “I was upset, I was pissed, I really was.”

He had nothing against the city of Buffalo, the team that resides there, or the hard-working people who root for the Bills with an unbridled, table-smashing passion that is nearly unmatched around the league.

He just didn’t want to believe that a player of his already decorated stature would have to pack his bags, leave behind all that he had built during his six seasons with the Eagles, not to mention the convenience of playing an hour from where he grew up, and have his spot on the Philadelphia roster taken by some dude named Kiko Alonso.

Great article! Really enjoyed it. Thanks

25 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Every player says this about the fans and city.

If you really want to know how the player feels, just look where they go in the off-season, or when they retire.

That's pretty unfair.  Just because you put down some roots here doesn't mean you don't have deeper roots somewhere else.  I love Buffalo, but I'll most likely never live there again since my wife's family is entrenched in San Diego.  And for these dudes with tons of $$$, there's more fun to be had, better weather, potentially higher QOL in lots of cities outside of Buffalo.