My Buffalo Experience

18 hours ago, COTC said:

Buffalo has a strange attraction. People are very nice and welcoming. However the poverty and blue collar mindset kills the vibe. 

Not too sure what happened back in the day, but someone really screwed up that city. They struggle for peanuts when the rest of the country flourishes. 

What generation ruined Buffalo?

the boomers or the generation before them?

NYC is just an excuse. 

It’s like America’s Mexico. You could literally move somewhere else, make 3x of what you could in Buffalo, save up,  then move back rich; retire a king. 

The Low income residents in Buffalo live better than the middle class in Mexico!

As far as what generation ruin Buffalo?Not any particular generation,more so a particular mindset.

That mindset would be Liberal,Progressive and the Democratic party! 

1 minute ago, Buffaloflash said:

I view Blue Collar as a positive!

Edited by Buffaloflash

23 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Definitely. I made less money coming back to Buffalo after a promotion and 4 years experience than I did as a fresh grad of 3 weeks in Seattle. I effectively capped the salary range for my profession in Buffalo at age 25. I immediately doubled my salary upon moving to Austin.

Have been twice in past few months for work.  Loved it.  

8 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

The Low income residents in Buffalo live better than the middle class in Mexico!

As far as what generation ruin Buffalo?Not any particular generation,more so a particular mindset.

That mindset would be Liberal,Progressive and the Democratic party! 

Spoken like a true home schooled kid.

Wow did the OP's nice story ever get derailed :(

Glad you had a great time BuffaloButt.

I remember when I lived in Winnipeg for 8 years in the 80's I sure did miss watching the Bills.

Living and growing up in this area is and was awesome to me its like the center of the universe :)

19 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Agreed.  I left Buffalo 30+ years ago but have not felt as at home anywhere else in the years since.  I have been trying to convince my Pats*** bride to move back since the day we were married to no avail.  I haven't given up ?

Wife and I decided to move back.

We move back in October.

Good luck to you. 

15 hours ago, COTC said:

B, You need to calm down and control your emotions. 

Your tone and and lack of respect is uncalled and frankly unfounded. 

I see that you were triggered (not my intent), but you need to get a grip.

Take a deep breath and think before you react. 

Kk

Have A Great Day. You are special and important!!! Don’t ever forget that. 

That's a response from someone who realizes they are in over their head and wants to save face.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:25 PM, COTC said:

Buffalo has a strange attraction. People are very nice and welcoming. However the poverty and blue collar mindset kills the vibe. 

Not too sure what happened back in the day, but someone really screwed up that city. They struggle for peanuts when the rest of the country flourishes. 

What generation ruined Buffalo?

the boomers or the generation before them?

NYC is just an excuse. 

It’s like America’s Mexico. You could literally move somewhere else, make 3x of what you could in Buffalo, save up,  then move back rich; retire a king. 

Doesn't deserve a response your post is so ill informed. Sorry your Buffalo vibe is dead  but you can stay the hell away and STFU.  

On 8/30/2018 at 6:29 PM, BuffaloButt said:

I'm a life long Bills fan from So. California who went to a Bills game in Buffalo for the first time last year (I've to some of their games in CA, not fun rooting for the road team)!  Anyway, my experience was so awesome it's hard to describe to non-Bills fans.  The unity of a community who has had to deal with some tough emotional decades both highs and too many lows!  The difference with being there at the game with 60K Bill's fans all wanting the same thing that we have been hoping for someday, a Championship!  I was left impressed with the community (craziness with tailgating and all) that we are one and can support each other daily through this forum.  Keep being supportive of fellow Bills fans (especially in this forum), we are one!  I love Buffalo and the community!  Go Bills!!

that's what it's all about!  welcome!  

Edited by jethro_tull