Breaking News

Everyone but you says she had a heart attack.  Here's one source, if you need any more just google her name + heart attack & plenty more articles will come up. 

Michael and Terri Schiavo won a $700,000 malpractice lawsuit after her heart attack 15 years ago,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Mar20.html

Depends on your definition of "heart attack." In the classical sense, she didn't have a myocardial infarction. What she DID have was cardiac arrest as a result of low potassium. However why she/MS won money is beyond me! I'm sure the part about her injecting insulin inappropriately wasn't discovered at that time.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murder by starvation is painless and pleasant- at least the talking heads said so.

Let''s ask an Auschwitz survivor how painless it is.

Aussiew- she doesn't have to die. If they didn't pull the tube, she wouldn't be dying.

OMG - Is she still alive?  I just can't begin to imagine what this is like for her mother. All you parents - could you watch your child dying this way?

290277[/snapback]

Hey I believe a few pages back, you were all for letting her die. Not getting squeemish now are you? :lol:

Murder by starvation is painless and pleasant- at least the talking heads said so.

Let''s ask an Auschwitz survivor how painless it is.

Aussiew- she doesn't have to die. If they didn't pull the tube, she wouldn't be dying.

290344[/snapback]

I hope you don't seriously believe this situation is comparable to a nazi concentration camp.

I hope you don't seriously believe this situation is comparable to a nazi concentration camp.

290424[/snapback]

Those people were starved to death (the ones that weren't shot or gassed) and so is she.

Hey I believe a few pages back, you were all for letting her die. Not getting squeemish now are you?

I was "relunctantly" supportive of letting her go.

But then I took some time to read more and try to get more facts. Almost impossible because everything is clouded with so much emotion and has become very complex. All I'm saying is that I'm surprised she's still alive and that as a parent, I could not watch my child die by being starved to death.

Those people were starved to death (the ones that weren't shot or gassed) and so is she.

290511[/snapback]

I repeat - I hope you don't seriously believe this situation is comparable to a nazi concentration camp. I'll add that if you do, you either are in dire need of a history lesson, or you really are wacka.

If they are devout Catholics, why did they encourage Michael to date other women?

From the 3rd GAL's report:

and I just stumbled across this great blog from a Florida attorney.  I'd say this is a must-read for anyone repeating the rhetoric and accusations from both sides of the case:

http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

289782[/snapback]

Wow... I didn't know that!

I think not one normal person could follow the catechism to the letter though.

What I'm saying is that the pro-death people are saying death by starvation is painless.

People that could tell you it is not are survivors of Auschwitz and other Nazi Death camps.

They came about as close to death by starvation as you can and still live.

I repeat - I hope you don't seriously believe this situation is comparable to a nazi concentration camp.  I'll add that if you do, you either are in dire need of a history lesson, or you really are wacka.

290541[/snapback]

I agree with what you are saying Berg.

[begin rant]

History is history... You can all go back and view it for what it was. It is not about comparing, that is gonna be subjective... Nobody will ever agree.

Yet, on the Nazi issue... Why do so many people get hung up on the past PHYSICAL properties of Nazism? What I am saying, it isn't cut and dry as defined in the past. Yes, 60 years ago, things were overt. What makes you think that things would be the same now? It failed then. It would fail again if practiced the same way. You can still kill people, imprison them, what not?... And be kinder and gentler? :lol: ... Covert about your process... Everything evolves... Evil systems will find a "better work-around?"

What I am saying is, if Nazism existed today, it would be practiced in a totally DIFFERENT PHYSICAL MANNER. You wouldn't recognize it from its past abomination.

Don't get me wrong. I am not comparing which is worse or denying history. Sure getting gased is 1,000,000 times more heinous than eating yourself into oblivion while getting hung up on sports and entertainment. But, the end result is the same except NOW you have the key and power to unlock your prison yet, most people won't!

[/End rant]

????

What I'm saying is that the pro-death people are saying death by starvation is painless.

People that could tell you it is not are survivors of Auschwitz and other Nazi Death camps.

They came about as close to death by starvation as you can and still live.

290566[/snapback]

IMO, you're getting hung up on hunger and what it means to a HEALTHY individual.

TS's brain is gone. The imaging of her brain proves she has no sensation to feel this pain.

You say... How do we know we know! The engine is still running, the transmission is shot... The car won't move! Keep putting gas in it runs yet, never moves... It is just not gonna happen... It is not like running out of gas doing 55 down the Thruway. Things are still... The engine will just peacfully gasp and shut off.

Bad analogy... I know! :lol:

I repeat - I hope you don't seriously believe this situation is comparable to a nazi concentration camp.  I'll add that if you do, you either are in dire need of a history lesson, or you really are wacka.

290541[/snapback]

WHile I'm usually hesitant to compare ANYTHING to Naziism, there is one parallel here.

The Nazis started their process of extermination with invalids and retarded people.

Think of that what you will.

How come you Nazi's aren't clamoring for the Popes feeding tube to be removed?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/30...nday/index.html

290614[/snapback]

Red herring.

The Pope's brain is not goo and he is responding.

Is TS making the sign of the cross?

Get real if you think that her movements are anything but involuntary muscle movements produced by stimuli of some sorts.

There are sleeping periods and wake periods.

No more than your computer booting up to find the blinking cursor... Only to shut down again, and boot up to the blinking cursor.

Sure you hit the keyboard and the sound goes beep, beep... But, that is it. The computer hard drive is shot and won't boot up. There is no hitting F1 here folks and working around?

God, please stop me from making these STUPID analogies!

:lol: