Trump Wants To Regulate Google

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Count me now in the regulation of Big Tech crowd.  I am firmly on the - NOT too much regulation-  viewpoint, generally speaking.

But Google, Twitter and Facebook wield too much power.  We are seeing it right now, they are censoring more and more with each passing day and now with the Virus they believe they have a license to censor pretty much anything they disagree with.

It's bad enough that they have censored two very popular videos about the Virus over the past couple weeks.   Things that they deem to be "unsubstantiated".   If we are going to censor unsubstantiated claims then you may as well censor half the wild eyed conspiracies coming from the mainstream media.    Who is the arbiter?  Who decides what is unsubstantiated and what is not?   

Now Facebook wants to warn people for "liking" "fake" news regarding CoronaVirus??

Facebook announced Thursday that it will start warning users if they have liked, reacted or commented on harmful Covid-19 posts that the company has found to be misinformation and removed.

The feature will roll out in the coming weeks, Facebook said in a blog post

“These messages will connect people to COVID-19 myths debunked by the World Health Organization including ones we’ve removed from our platform for leading to imminent physical harm,” Guy Rosen, Facebook’s vice president of integrity, said in a blog post.

Debunked by the World Health Organization?   Did they just say that aloud?  Do they have any self-awareness at all?  Does this not seem patently absurd that they would even believe this to be a good idea?    It's truly outrageous. 

Then they have these fact checkers who have become arbiters in what is fake and legit news and the fact that they are the arbiters of choice is astounding to me.   Every single one of them have a left wing tilt to them, every single one.   If they are going to do this then they need to have fact checkers that are from an array of ideologies.  This is what I'm talking about, this needs to be regulated because these biased individuals who all have similar viewpoints are making huge impacting decisions.

I will leave you with this - and GET A LOAD OF THIS BS.  The Atlantic Magazine which is probably one of the premier sites where institutional Democrats - acela corridor types - consume intellectual content only to vomit those thinkings on the rest of us rubes.  Here is what they said about Censorship-  Read the entire article, it is absolutely amazing what they are wanting to do......They don't even hide it anymore.

This is just a small snippet .  

In the great debate of the past two decades about freedom versus control of the network, China was largely right and the United States was largely wrong. Significant monitoring and speech control are inevitable components of a mature and flourishing internet, and governments must play a large role in these practices to ensure that the internet is compatible with a society’s norms and values.

It's time to regulate these entities in ways they hadn't been before.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Some of this tweets. The one where he calls Trump an "actual Nazi" shows how fair, balanced, and eminently qualified to be a "fact checker" he is! <_<

He sounds like a future presidential hopeful to me. We have much to look forward to.