LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Pleads Guilty to Insider Trading - Signed By Seattle; Returned from Suspension, Out for the Season with an Injury

3 hours ago, Mango said:

From what I’ve read, he is sentenced in December, but there is some fluidity as to when he starts serving. He’ll most likely see the entire season. 

Im also reading a lot that there is a good chance he serves zero time. If he does, it will be ~6 months, but only end up serving 2-3. He’ll be out in time for the 2019 season, if not 2019 OTA’s. 

Either way, it’s a one year deal, and he’ll almost certainly be available for the entirety of the season.  

Just for perspective, Michael Irvin stabbed a teammate, Ray Lewis and Marvin Harrison killed a guy, and kept on playing, receiving multiple other contracts. Nobody really batted much of an eye at that. 

Reading a lot = just made it up?

Do you have at least 6 sources on that one?  I'm ZERO for 23 on articles on the matter, where are you getting MULTIPLE accounts of zero time served?

I see up to 25 years, most likely up to 37 months.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

In terms of the law, whether you just receive tips or give tips you've committed a crime. If you get a tip and buy or sell on that tip, it's insider trading.

going after it is another matter, worked for clients on both sides of the matter

no minimum level for chasing after perps

Edited by row_33

28 minutes ago, jr1 said:

but Kap and Eric Reid are a "dstraction"

Seattle thrives on bozos, it was great when they just steamrolled everyone, but character often is essential to win games that are close

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

phil mickelson was caught insider trading but because something about him being insulated between a few guys he avoided a criminal record and instead paid a fine plus the profit back.  phil heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy.  

that's fine, Phil has probably zero clue about investments and his personal finances

19 hours ago, joesixpack said:

They’re also not looking for convicted felons, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Then you’d be crying incompetence and cap mismanagement when he gets sent off to the pokey.

nope

Incompetence is not trading McCoy and Tyrod last year and getting an absurdly ridiculous 5th for Dareus.

if they made those moves we would have had 8 picks in the first 3 rounds. This would have rebuilt this team and we could be winning this year and not losing.

I love McDermott but we just do not have the talent to have a winning season this year.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

nope

Incompetence is not trading McCoy and Tyrod last year and getting an absurdly ridiculous 5th for Dareus.

if they made those moves we would have had 8 picks in the first 3 rounds. This would have rebuilt this team and we could be winning this year and not losing.

I love McDermott but we just do not have the talent to have a winning season this year.

The Bills got a pick in this year's draft for TT, so trading him last year wouldn't have made any difference there.  Shady, given his age, likely wouldn't have gotten more than a 5th rounder and I suspect they did shop him.  And considering they had to wait until the trade deadline to do it, it's likely that the best the Bills could get for Dareus was a conditional 5th.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

The Bills got a pick in this year's draft for TT, so trading him last year wouldn't have made any difference there.  Shady, given his age, likely wouldn't have gotten more than a 5th rounder and I suspect they did shop him.  And considering they had to wait until the trade deadline to do it, it's likely that the best the Bills could get for Dareus was a conditional 5th.

Then Dareus should not have been traded, regardless of what a turd he is, he's still way better than star, even if he was more expensive.

And trading Tyrod last year would have ensured we got a top pic and therefore draft capital would not have been wasted on trades.

Trying to win during a rebuild is a fools errand, cleaning house last year would have put us much closer to being competitive. Now we are even farther behind do to low level talent on this team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Then Dareus should not have been traded, regardless of what a turd he is, he's still way better than star, even if he was more expensive.

And trading Tyrod last year would have ensured we got a top pic and therefore draft capital would not have been wasted on trades.

Trying to win during a rebuild is a fools errand, cleaning house last year would have put us much closer to being competitive. Now we are even farther behind do to low level talent on this team.

I would have agreed with you on Dareus...until the Bills made the playoffs without him.  Sometimes you need to clean house of the turds, especially when one is the highest-paid player on the team.  It doesn't set a good example.  And it remains to be seen what Star does for the team.  After the first game, the Bills are 5th in run defense average.

The Bills got the first pick in the 3rd round this year for TT so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  And they used it on Edmunds.

No it's not a fool's errand.  Breaking the drought was important.  And cleaning house last year wouldn't have meant playoffs for this year.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Would have been a nice fit here. I know Culture and DNA trump talent here. 

He'll be a better fit in his prison uniform. 

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

I would have agreed with you on Dareus...until the Bills made the playoffs without him.  Sometimes you need to clean house of the turds, especially when one is the highest-paid player on the team.  It doesn't set a good example.  And it remains to be seen what Star does for the team.  After the first game, the Bills are 5th in run defense average.

The Bills got the first pick in the 3rd round this year for TT so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  And they used it on Edmunds.

No it's not a fool's errand.  Breaking the drought was important.  And cleaning house last year wouldn't have meant playoffs for this year.

by trading Tyrod at that time we likely get the 2nd overall pick, therefore we don't have to trade any picks to get Allen.

I would have traded Dareus for a 2 and McCoy for a 3, if I don't get those I don't trade them.

So if those trades are made then we get 2 1sts, 3 2nds and 4 3rds  , which would have given us 8 picks in the first 3 rounds, which would have gone a long ways in rebuilding the offense and we still could have signed the defensive free agents we that we did.

My point is we should have went total rebuild last year not this year.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

by trading Tyrod at that time we likely get the 2nd overall pick, therefore we don't have to trade any picks to get Allen.

I would have traded Dareus for a 2 and McCoy for a 3, if I don't get those I don't trade them.

So if those trades are made then we get 2 1sts, 3 2nds and 4 3rds  , which would have given us 8 picks in the first 3 rounds, which would have gone a long ways in rebuilding the offense and we still could have signed the defensive free agents we that we did.

My point is we should have went total rebuild last year not this year.

I'd rather make the playoffs.  And hell, they can still go 1-15 this year and get that high draft pick next year.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And yet is still playing in the NFL right now helping the Seahawks 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

They picked him up 2 days ago and he's already helping them?

Wanna bet he plays monday?  He will be starting at WLB because KJ Wright out with knee surgery. 

So how is that not helping again?

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Wanna bet he plays Sunday?

They may have to play him because they have no other choice.  But I'll bet he doesn't help them.  Two days isn't nearly long enough to learn the playbook much less fit in with the other players.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They may have to play him because they have no other choice.  But I'll bet he doesn't help them.  Two days isn't nearly long enough to learn the playbook much less fit in with the other players.

How does Starting Kendricks a pretty good WLB over some other LB in place of KJ Wright NOT help them 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'd rather make the playoffs.  And hell, they can still go 1-15 this year and get that high draft pick next year.

True but 8 picks in the first 3rounds is better than the 10 we have coming. The playoffs were fun but winning the Super Bowl is the goal and now we are farther from that.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

True but 8 picks in the first 3rounds is better than the 10 we have coming. The playoffs were fun but winning the Super Bowl is the goal and now we are farther from that.

They weren't getting a 2nd for Dareus and a 3rd for Shady.  And who is to say they hit on the other picks?

• 3 weeks later...