All the President's Men

donbb

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:
They should name Randy Barnett to fill Kavanaugh’s seat, which is now open.

Then watch the liberal heads explode... again.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

Video: Lindsey “Hulk” Graham Destroys Chuck Schumer’s Argument With One Question

Ed already covered the new and improved version of Senator Lindsey Graham, who plans to basically “Hulk out” going into the midterms. Graham isn’t wasting any time wading into his new role, either. He showed up on Fox News Sunday, talking to Chris Wallace and the subject of Chuck Schumer’s objections to Brett Kavanaugh came up. Abandoning all pretense of comity with the Senate Minority Leader, Graham pulled out the short list of judges which Donald Trump was picking from when he nominated Kavanaugh and challenged him to come on the show and name a single one that the Democrats wouldn’t have tried to torpedo.

Let’s go to the video.

This is a refreshing side of Lindsey Graham to see, particularly compared to his days “gang activity.” (Think Gang of Eight, Gang of Fourteen.) And the point he’s making is a completely valid one. There were Democratic senators lining up to state that they would vote against Kavanaugh on the day he was nominated. For that matter, most of their ardent supporters were waiting around in the streets of Washington with signs saying “Oppose…” with a blank waiting to be filled in when the announcement was made.

There were no judges on that list – each one highly qualified and carrying the conservative seal of approval – who Schumer would have whipped up his caucus to vote for. At this point, Chuck Schumer is acting a lot more like his niece, comedian Amy Schumer, than the Senate Minority Leader. His performance on the Senate floor when he denounced Saturday’s vote as “a low moment for the Senate” could have been given by any Democrat in the building at that point.

More at the link:  https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/08/video-lindsey-hulk-graham-destroys-chuck-schumers-argument-one-question/

• Thank you (+1) 1

ERIC DREIBAND AND JEFF CLARK WILL FINALLY GET A FLOOR VOTE

On Saturday, shortly after the Senate confirmed Brett Kavanaugh, Majority Leader McConnell filed for cloture on the nominations of Eric Dreiband and Jeff Clark. Both have been nominated for Assistant Attorney General positions — Eric to head the Civil Rights Division, Jeff to head the Environmental and Natural Resources Division.

For Democrats, McConnell’s move surely added insult to injury. The Dems bitterly oppose Eric and Jeff because both are strong conservatives who know what they are doing. As such, they have the ability to steer these two key bastions of Justice Department leftism in a direction consistent with the views of the current president. That’s how it’s supposed to work in a democracy.

For Republicans, the question is: what took so long? The two were nominated more than 15 months ago.

A floor vote is long overdue.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/10/eric-dreiband-and-jeff-clark-will-finally-get-a-floor-vote.php

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, joesixpack said:

Yes, my sports teams lose. But my president doesn’t.

#winning

Yankee fans I know are on suicide watch.

I am not a baseball, so I am indifferent, but the smug way the Yankee fans I know who totally dismissed the Red Sox are the reason that most of this country can't stand the Yankees.

On the flip side, I know a lot of Yankee haters who are in their glories. 

I leave it alone as I don't like to piss on anyone's grave.