John Brennan's Security Clearance

3rdnlng

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Your entire premise hinges on an "if" that has yet to happen. 

What "if" what I'm laying out is accurate, that there was a seditious coup attempt which originated inside the CIA/FBI/DOJ against then candidate Trump and carried over to President elect Trump? Does that calculus change? Or nah?

And on several assumptions - "its role in the Russian election issue."  

That always ends up being the fundamental flaw in the argument: the a priori assumptions that the administration must have colluded, and must be obstructing the investigation.  It is, unfortunately, a circular argument: because the investigation hasn't shown the administration colluded, the administration is obstructing the investigation, so the investigation will never show collusion.  

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And on several assumptions - "its role in the Russian election issue."  

That always ends up being the fundamental flaw in the argument: the a priori assumptions that the administration must have colluded, and must be obstructing the investigation.  It is, unfortunately, a circular argument: because the investigation hasn't shown the administration colluded, the administration is obstructing the investigation, so the investigation will never show collusion.  

and yet they pretend they care and pretend to be investigating

Sometimes this forum has me scratching my head.  Why argue over facts?

The entire process of granting, denying or revoking someone’s security clearance is derived from the president’s Article II authority as commander in chief.
Donald Trump is the President of the United States.
Ergo, President Donald Trump can revoke a security clearance.
John Brennan's security clearance was revoked.

And, as a cherry on top,  John Brennan is a very bad man who attempted to influence a US Election, and later attempted a soft coup. Why anyone is arguing this person should keep his security clearance so he can continue to be in-the-know trading leaks for money, is beyond me. But I am sure it has something to do with the way Trump combs his hair, drinks diet Coke,  or speaks in marketing sound-bites.  ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sometimes this forum has me scratching my head.  Why argue over facts?

The entire process of granting, denying or revoking someone’s security clearance is derived from the president’s Article II authority as commander in chief.
Donald Trump is the President of the United States.
Ergo, President Donald Trump can revoke a security clearance.
John Brennan's security clearance was revoked.

And, as a cherry on top,  John Brennan is a very bad man who attempted to influence a US Election, and later attempted a soft coup. Why anyone is arguing this person should keep his security clearance so he can continue to be in-the-know trading leaks for money, is beyond me. But I am sure it has something to do with the way Trump combs his hair, drinks diet Coke,  or speaks in marketing sound-bites.  ?

because post-Reagan the POTUS has looked the other way on mostly all attempts to undermine the USA

inertia is powerful, they thought Trump would smile and laugh about all this as well.

NOPE

Just now, row_33 said:

because post-Reagan the POTUS has looked the other way on mostly all attempts to undermine the USA

inertia is powerful, they thought Trump would smile and laugh about all this as well.

NOPE

A man who feels it is his duty to crush his enemies is going to go-along to get-along?

Big fat NOPE!

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's coming. Bottom to top roll up, as I've been saying for months. Brennan is near the top of the chain, not the bottom. 

Funny how the people who are quick to ask "If Brennan is so guilty, why isn't he in jail?" question...are the same people who keep insisting how guilty Trump is in colluding with Russia.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A man who feels it is his duty to crush his enemies is going to go-along to get-along?

Big fat NOPE!

that says it better than i could....

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Funny how the people who are quick to ask "If Brennan is so guilty, why isn't he in jail?" question...are the same people who keep insisting how guilty Trump is in colluding with Russia.

i don't really want to see a complete public unraveling of Brennan and his colleagues if it isn't crucial to the existence of the USA.

this doesn't work out well for anyone

46 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If the current administration starts taking away clearances or say starts firing people or giving pardons to circumvent examination of its role in the Russian election issue then it's a similar abuse of Executive power.

This shows a complete misunderstanding of the Constitution, a complete disregard of the actual facts of the Russian Collusion narrative, and is just really !@#$ing stupid.

1.) The President has the absolute authority to revoke security clearances. This is not even a question. There is no provision of law to allow the Congress to intervene. Brennan would be stupid to try to claim a 5th Amendment taking of a liberty interest in Court, as that would expose all his bullSchiff and lies to public scrutiny. It's not even realistic that he could make out a prima facie case.

2.) The President has the absolute right under the Constitution to issue pardons for any federal offense he wants and for any reason he wants. There is no provision of the Constitution for the Legislature or the Courts to review pardons.

3.) The "Russian election issue" has been pretty solidly debunked.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Once it comes out that 911 was a fraud and that ZIONISM was behind it, what happens to folks like Brennan?

One would hope they're locked in a room with you and donbb, but I think that's outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This shows a complete misunderstanding of the Constitution, a complete disregard of the actual facts of the Russian Collusion narrative, and is just really !@#$ing stupid.

1.) The President has the absolute authority to revoke security clearances. This is not even a question. There is no provision of law to allow the Congress to intervene. Brennan would be stupid to try to claim a 5th Amendment taking of a liberty interest in Court, as that would expose all his bullSchiff and lies to public scrutiny. It's not even realistic that he could make out a prima facie case.

2.) The President has the absolute right under the Constitution to issue pardons for any federal offense he wants and for any reason he wants. There is no provision of the Constitution for the Legislature or the Courts to review pardons.

3.) The "Russian election issue" has been pretty solidly debunked.

I agree with 1and 2, but with 1 I would say if it is shown any president does so to obstruct justice then the Legislative and Executive branches can intervene through hearings, etc.    again apparently some of you did not live through Watergate.  Nixon had the constitutional right to fire the special prosecutors, Congress and the judiciary executed their duties under the constitution to interpret that as an abuse of power and acted on it.  

As for 3, I will say again the president today with his WSJ article linked the pulling of his security clearance to the Russian investigation. So before accusing others of being stupid etc.  check your facts.

Just now, LaDexter said:

Once again, when innocent Americans were being burned alive by Israeli thermite, DC Tom was counting the profits of his investments defense stocks and other "911" "plays..."

Nano-thermite.  And it's not Israeli, it was from a secret Chinese lab in Kansas.  The micro-nukes were from the Israelis...a factory in Beersheba.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As for 3, I will say again the president today with his WSJ article linked the pulling of his security clearance to the Russian investigation. So before accusing others of being stupid etc.  check your facts.

:rolleyes:

Settle down, pappy. Don't want the pacemaker getting overloaded.