What I like most about the first preseason game

TigerJ

It's not a particular player, but the fact that, in the first half at least, the offense looked very crisp.  Players seemed to know their assignments.  There weren't a lot of mistakes, turnovers, or penalties.  For years we've been conditioned to expect the first preseason game to be boring and sloppy.  This one wasn't.  I have to give credit to this coaching staff.  Other head coaches have given lip service to fundamentals and attentionn to detail.  This coaching staff appears to walk the walk.  The second half featured a rookie QB and a field full of third stringers.  I can give them a pass for the time being.

• Like (+1) 1

We did throw the ball like a Big Boy offense. that was refreshing, especially since so many were completed. They were.....”playful”? Tossing the ball around, then going with the long ball on Josh’s first pass. It was indeed fun and refreshing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Each QB threw for over 100 yards.  Dunno if I can ever remembering that happening in recent years.  I really love the motion and differing formations.  Constantly switching Up formations and substituting quickly catching the defense off guard.  Daboll may be another Pettine/Lynn.  Comes in, turns his side of the field around and then gets a HC job.

Edited by NewEra

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It's not a particular player, but the fact that, in the first half at least, the offense looked very crisp.  Players seemed to know their assignments.  There weren't a lot of mistakes, turnovers, or penalties.  For years we've been conditioned to expect the first preseason game to be boring and sloppy.  This one wasn't.  I have to give credit to this coaching staff.  Other head coaches have given lip service to fundamentals and attentionn to detail.  This coaching staff appears to walk the walk.  The second half featured a rookie QB and a field full of third stringers.  I can give them a pass for the time being.

Agreed. All I ask for in the pre-season (other than no injuries) is for them to look like a legit professional football team, and we all know that hasn’t been the case many years.

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

We did throw the ball like a Big Boy offense. that was refreshing, especially since so many were completed. They were.....”playful”? Tossing the ball around, then going with the long ball on Josh’s first pass. It was indeed fun and refreshing. 

Flea flickers from Shady to Allen to Coleman.

Visions of grandeur

• Like (+1) 1

All three quarterbacks got the ball away quickly.  It was a pleasant, and pro, turnaround from watching Taylor and Manuel continually attempt to figure out what to do with the ball.  And when they finally did something, it was frequently an inaccurate pass or a run out of desperation.