AFC East....best potential QBs

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha ha, so you believe that Nate Peterman and AJ McCarron deserve to be considered as good young QBs but Dak Prescott doesn’t?!? Are you trolling or incompetent?

Those attributes are not necessarily mutually exclusive. :ph34r:

Just now, JohnC said:

Those attributes are not necessarily mutually exclusive. :ph34r:

I mean it’s not possible that he is serious? If he is how are we supposed to respect any opinion that he has on football if he believes that? Maybe it is both but it has to be at least one of them.

Imagine having a conversation with an impartial football fan and trying to convince them that Peterman and McCarron are better than Dak?!? ? If you were to do a side-by-side comparison Dak would literally have every single advantage. We should start researching CTE on TBD.

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean it’s not possible that he is serious? If he is how are we supposed to respect any opinion that he has on football if he believes that? Maybe it is both but it has to be at least one of them.

Imagine having a conversation with an impartial football fan and trying to convince them that Peterman and McCarron are better than Dak?!? ? If you were to do a side-by-side comparison Dak would literally have every single advantage. We should start researching CTE on TBD.

A more interesting discussion is who is better between McCarron and Peterman. Or when Allen starts who will be the better backup between the other two. I suspect that most people would say McCarron but it is not unreasonable for someone to prefer Peterman. McCarron might be better now because he is more experienced but I consider them similar qbs i.e. functional backups. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A more interesting discussion is who is better between McCarron and Peterman. Or when Allen starts who will be the better backup between the other two. I suspect that most people would say McCarron but it is not unreasonable for someone to prefer Peterman. McCarron might be better now because he is more experienced but I consider them similar qbs i.e. functional backups. 

I agree with that. I think that they have slightly different strengths. It depends on what you want. Peterman is certainly the better athlete and throws in rythym. McCarron makes way fewer mistakes. He is the more conservative of the 2. I guess it depends on what you want out of your number 2.

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha ha, so you believe that Nate Peterman and AJ McCarron deserve to be considered as good young QBs but Dak Prescott doesn’t?!? Are you trolling or incompetent? 

Not trolling.....incompetent in that single congecture will be determined by circumstances not yet played out. Since when does ones opinion and forecast get them an accusation of trolling? In the famous words of Nadine on SNL......SIMMMMAMAMAMA......SIMMMMAMAMAMA.....SIMMA-DON-NA!

So....1) laugh at the person 2)mis-state their opinion 3) insult the person

Wow....just..wow

Edited by The Process

22 hours ago, The Process said:

Focusing on potential, do you think the AFC East has the best potential QBs?

Allen McCarron Peterman Darnold Bridgewater ....what other conference compares? (Seasoned vets aside)

Tom Brady plans to put his head in a jar and attach it to a robot body.

2 hours ago, The Process said:

Not trolling.....incompetent in that single congecture will be determined by circumstances not yet played out. Since when does ones opinion and forecast get them an accusation of trolling? In the famous words of Nadine on SNL......SIMMMMAMAMAMA......SIMMMMAMAMAMA.....SIMMA-DON-NA!

So....1) laugh at the person 2)mis-state their opinion 3) insult the person

Wow....just..wow

Because a reasonable person can’t exclude a guy that has averaged 3,500 yards passing, 320 yards rushing, 28.5 total TDs,  8.5 INTs per year whole completing 65.2% of his career passes and going 22-10. You absolutely can’t exclude that guy to include McCarron and Peterman. 

This is legitimately one one of those most assinine opinions this board has ever seen!! It’s right there with trading Mario for John Skelton. BB got killed on here for that (and still does). That’s his “Stairway to Heaven” here. This could be yours.

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Because a reasonable person can’t exclude a guy that has averaged 3,500 yards passing, 320 yards rushing, 28.5 total TDs,  8.5 INTs per year whole completing 65.2% of his career passes and going 22-10. You absolutely can’t exclude that guy to include McCarron and Peterman. 

This is legitimately one one of those most assinine opinions this board has ever seen!! It’s right there with trading Mario for John Skelton. BB got killed on here for that (and still does). That’s his “Stairway to Heaven” here. This could be yours.

4) Threaten

Just now, The Process said:

4) Threaten

Ha ha, you’ve been threatened that this is what you’ll be remembered for? 

That is just the way that that it works around here. We are all remembered for our worst opinions. That’s the scarlet letter we all wear. I was positive that Da’Rick Rogers was a better use of a roster spot than Hogan. While Hogan isn’t great Rogers flamed out quickly.  You will be remembered as the guy that wouldn’t trade Peterman or McCarron for Dak. Wear it with pride.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, you’ve been threatened that this is what you’ll be remembered for? 

That is just the way that that it works around here. We are all remembered for our worst opinions. That’s the scarlet letter we all wear. I was positive that Da’Rick Rogers was a better use of a roster spot than Hogan. While Hogan isn’t great Rogers flamed out quickly.  You will be remembered as the guy that wouldn’t trade Peterman or McCarron for Dak. Wear it with pride.

Ok

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bangarang said:

What does their draft position have to do with anything?

As others have touched on - it's a baseline estimate of their talent as determined by NFL scouts.  Not the final word, obviously.

Who would really be shocked if Dak continues to look more like last season than his rookie season?  Last year he looked like a 4th rounder.

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

As others have touched on - it's a baseline estimate of their talent as determined by NFL scouts.  Not the final word, obviously.

Who would really be shocked if Dak continues to look more like last season than his rookie season?  Last year he looked like a 4th rounder.

To me, draft status doesn’t matter once you’re in the league and playing games. Guys can’t control where they are taken. Either you can play or you can’t. 

7 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

One of the big misconceptions around here seems to be that Dak was bad last year. He wasn’t. Last year he was 9-7, threw for 3,324 yards, threw 22 TDs and ran for another 6. He completed 62.9% of his passes with limited weapons (and Zeke suspension). He did throw 13 INTs but had an 86.6 rating and a 66.3 QBR. That’s above average starting QB play, not the play of an average 4th rounder. He may not be a future HOFer but if you are a Cowboys fan you are thrilled with how he’s started his career. He looks like, at worst, a good starter.

It looks like Bridgewater is back, so if Darnold is the real deal, he'll be traded out of the division most likely. I am excited for Allen, but I honestly don't ever expect him to be in the same class as Rogers or Brady. They are way more accurate than Josh with their throws.

McCarron: A decent QB, but how decent? Are we talking Fitz or an above average starter? If he were really good, he would have dislodged Dalton in Cincy, but he could at least be as good as Tyrod overall. He is much more accurate than Allen.

Petermann: Better than advertised. With experience, he'll settle in for a long NFL career. Maybe even start some day. Unfortunately, he will always be remembered by some Bills fans for his first NFL start. He sure lights it up in the preseason though, doesn't he? Maybe he will surprise. I'm willing to give him another chance if he keeps this up.

If Mahomes pans out and Derek Carr has a bounce back year, I think the AFC West has a pretty good complement of present and future talent at QB.  San Diego is praying Rivers avoids injury though.