Does "I plea the 5th" = "I took steroids"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, other than budget debates regarding the wars, there is not much for them to do. Now you have the right idea about other things being a higher priority (in no specific order):

Intelligence reform

Confirmations of new appointees

Social Security Reform

Medicare Reform

Budget proposals

Drilling in ANWR

etc...

This baseball crap is meaningless and is nothing more than politicians looking for facetime.

277777[/snapback]

Amazingly, you omitted a rather large need as well. Health care reform. And for the record, the answer is not health care spending accounts alone. Many people are not in a position to be able to take full advantage of them and the gain (tax free dollars set aside) is horribly inadequate in addressing costs that are increasing 4 (conservative estimate) times the rate of inflation.

Amazingly, you omitted a rather large need as well. Health care reform. And for the record, the answer is not health care spending accounts alone. Many people are not in a position to be able to take full advantage of them and the gain (tax free dollars set aside) is horribly inadequate in addressing costs that are increasing 4 (conservative estimate) times the rate of inflation.

277893[/snapback]

Well, not amazingly since I was just listing things off the top of my head and stated that the list was not complete. They have tried to address a small portion of healthcare costs in the form of tort reform. I do not see this having that much of an effect since the HMOs will still find a way to keep costs high, regardless of lawsuit settlements. Where tort reform will help, hopefully, is in the cost for doctors to do business.

Pleading the 5th is exactly that. Your right not to incriminate yourself doesn't necessarily imply guilt. In the greater scheme of things it will be framed as a statement made by a player representing an association of players who dont want someone standing next to them with a cup every time they drop trow to pee. The spin will depend on who would do it. If McGwire did it, he would be more likely to hear the argument I just made than say Barry Bonds who the media dislikes.

This whole thing is a joke. Just another example of our government wasting our tax dollars to make themselves look like moral crusaders. Maybe after this they can bring in a couple hundred teenagers and quetion them about marijuana use. I'm sure that would be another good waste of American tax money.

I think this hearing will finally get to the bottom of all these steriod questions and the public will get the answers they seek.

277818[/snapback]

You are the MAN!

p.s. don't you have a famous brother, too?

OK, I'm thinking don't you have to know what "taking the fifth" is before you can use it???

I say there's no chance Sosa knows what it means, but he will try to play that card anyways.

I saw one father on there who shredded MLB and its players pretty good.

278218[/snapback]

This is exactly why I Tivo'd this hearing. Watching Sosa up there should be more entertaining than whatever's on the tube tonight.

OK, I'm thinking don't you have to know what "taking the fifth" is before you can use it???

I say there's no chance Sosa knows what it means, but he will try to play that card anyways.

I saw one father on there who shredded MLB and its players pretty good.

278218[/snapback]

And by the way - is Sosa even a US citizen?

And by the way - is Sosa even a US citizen?

278230[/snapback]

I don't know if he took the test yet. I'm not sure if Canseco is either ---- wasn't he born in Cuba?

It's hard enough trying to keep track of how old some of these foreign players are let alone whether they are US citizens or not.

What I don't understand is if it's no big deal to admit and all these people want to plead the 5th, then why is Conseco requesting immunity? What does he need immunity from if nothing was illegal?

277713[/snapback]

Maybe he sold steroids? We already know the guy will do anything for $$$

Going before the Federal Government to explain ethical and moral matters is like justifying to Michael Jackson your parenting methods.

Congressional pukes. Baseball pukes.

Hypocritical posturing and bombastic obfuscation. Anything going on anywhere else, guys? Got any kids in Iraq?

MLB=RJ

Who cares?

We know that over half of the spoiled children that play baseball took some kind of performance drug.

it is a shame that the least physically demanding sport of the major 4 needs drugs to compete.

watching baseball is like watching slugs race uphill! Not real exciting

Honestly, other than budget debates regarding the wars, there is not much for them to do. Now you have the right idea about other things being a higher priority (in no specific order):

Drilling in ANWR

277777[/snapback]

Why would congress care about drilling Sadat? I mean...is he even a factor anymore?