"Austin", TX is racist

You know what I've noticed lately? There has been a 10% decline in cars stopped in the middle of the street in the inner city. You know, when the occupant stops to chat with a pedestrian and doesn't give ashit who is held up behind him? It used to be that every single time I drove into the inner city this would happen. Now it only happen 9 out of 10 times that I go there.

I also noticed during my last trip to LA that there were about 3% less crazy Asian drivers on the streets. We are obviously making progress in civility and remember, you heard it here first.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You know what I've noticed lately? There has been a 10% decline in cars stopped in the middle of the street in the inner city. You know, when the occupant stops to chat with a pedestrian and doesn't give ashit who is held up behind him? It used to be that every single time I drove into the inner city this would happen. Now it only happen 9 out of 10 times that I go there.

I also noticed during my last trip to LA that there were about 3% less crazy Asian drivers on the streets. We are obviously making progress in civility and remember, you heard it here first.

I made my statement based on my experience. The opinions of two crotchety old farts doesn’t affect my opinion or experience in the slightest. You stick to message boards and let us millennials worry about social media. 

4 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Do you think there are studies and statistics to prove these things are on the rise?

I have monitored social media closely since 2006. Guess what? There have been way more cases of white people calling the police on black people for doing nothing wrong over the past two years. Who is America?

Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence of a trend.

Because you have been made aware of more of these incidents is not indicative that the incidents are happening with more frequency, only that you are being made aware more frequently.

This is a false narrative you are being asked to buy.  It's not dissimilar from the school shooting narrative pushed in early March that the incident in Florida was the 21st or so example of school shootings this year, when it clearly wasn't once the data was examined, in order to manipulate the viewer.

You are being propagandized.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence of a trend.

Because you have been made aware of more of these incidents is not indicative that the incidents are happening with more frequency, only that you are being made aware more frequently.

This is a false narrative you are being asked to buy.  It's not dissimilar from the school shooting narrative pushed in early March that the incident in Florida was the 21st or so example of school shootings this year, when it clearly wasn't once the data was examined, in order to manipulate the viewer.

You are being propagandized.

I said they are on the rise. That’s my opinion. In the news I read and in my social media feeds they are on the rise. Every post or statement doesn’t have to equate to a peer reviewed journal article. If that was the case 99% of the posters on this site would have to stop posting. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My house is the blue one to the left... 

That's what happens when you spend the last 18 months going down every rabbit hole, trying to prove a conspiracy instead of making the big bucks doing rewrites of Green Acres.

• Like (+1) 1

100% of people arrested and in prison/jail said they didn't do nothing

lets make a "study" of this

used to know a PhD student in sociology who was doing his work on juvenile delinquents

i asked how he knew they were telling the truth when interviewed and he said "we presuppose they are ALWAYS telling the truth, we don't judge"

boy, that would be useful info for policy and understaning...

Edited by row_33

10 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

I made my statement based on my experience. The opinions of two crotchety old farts doesn’t affect my opinion or experience in the slightest. You stick to message boards and let us millennials worry about social media. 

So, my experiences mean nothing to you?

16 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Do you think there are studies and statistics to prove these things are on the rise?

I have monitored social media closely since 2006. Guess what? There have been way more cases of white people calling the police on black people for doing nothing wrong over the past two years. Who is America?

There have been way more cases of white people calling the police on black people for doing nothing wrong over the past two years reported in social media.  How do you differentiate between the incidence being on the rise, versus the reporting in social media being on the rise?  You don't, if you're just reading social media.

I've had the cops called on me for shopping, and loitering in restaurants.  I'm white.  You never hear about those instances because it never gets posted to Facebook, because no one's ever outraged about it.  Your "evidence" is only evidence of increasing emotion, not increasing incidence.

15 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You said your evidence is based on what you read in social media.  You are literally admitting you have no factual knowledge, and your statement is based on other people's experience.  :wacko:

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There have been way more cases of white people calling the police on black people for doing nothing wrong over the past two years reported in social media.  How do you differentiate between the incidence being on the rise, versus the reporting in social media being on the rise?  You don't, if you're just reading social media.

I've had the cops called on me for shopping, and loitering in restaurants.  I'm white.  You never hear about those instances because it never gets posted to Facebook, because no one's ever outraged about it.  Your "evidence" is only evidence of increasing emotion, not increasing incidence.

people are stopped and questioned ALL THE TIME in North America, then let go.

it's a part of life when you are out and around, especially at 2 in the morning.

making a big deal out of it is another matter....

Just now, DC Tom said:

You realize social media is just people reporting stuff going on in their lives right? If the incidents are on the rise in people’s lives is it fair to say it is on the rise in general?  I’ve already said it was my opinion and I don’t have real data to back it up. I never said Trump is giving credibility to racist trailer trash who feels like this is finally their time in the spotlight so why do y’all even care what an ignoramos like me says?

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You said your evidence is based on what you read in social media.  You are literally admitting you have no factual knowledge, and your statement is based on other people's experience.  :wacko:

Am I writing a research paper or posting on a football sub forum? Who is America?

8 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

I said they are on the rise.

That's correct, you did.  And you are wrong.

That’s my opinion.

People are entitled to bad opinions, but not entitled to have them respected.  Having an opinion does not magically validate what you believe.  Conclusive evidence would validate it, which you have not demonstrated.

In the news I read and in my social media feeds they are on the rise.

Where you are being propagandized by people who directly benefit from racial strife, and artificially manufacture it to manipulate you.

Every post or statement doesn’t have to equate to a peer reviewed journal article.

When someone holds something as a hard and fast belief, and are making their argument to other people, they should be able to defend that belief with hard data/evidence.  If they can't, then they should question that belief, and question those who have propagated that narrative.

If that was the case 99% of the posters on this site would have to stop posting.

99% of the posters here probably should spend less time pontificating about things they haven't bothered to take the time to understand, and more time learning about those things.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

99% of the posters here probably should spend less time pontificating about things they haven't bothered to take the time to understand, and more time learning about those things.

How did you grow to be this kind of an insufferable jackoff?

6 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You realize social media is just people reporting stuff going on in their lives right? If the incidents are on the rise in people’s lives is it fair to say it is on the rise in general?  I’ve already said it was my opinion and I don’t have real data to back it up. I never said Trump is giving credibility to racist trailer trash who feels like this is finally their time in the spotlight so why do y’all even care what an ignoramos like me says?

Am I writing a research paper or posting on a football sub forum? Who is America?

To begin, America started about 17.5 years ago.

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's correct, you did.  And you are wrong.

People are entitled to bad opinions, but not entitled to have them respected.  Having an opinion does not magically validate what you believe.  Conclusive evidence would validate it, which you have not demonstrated.

Where you are being propagandized by people who directly benefit from racial strife, and artificially manufacture it to manipulate you.

When someone holds something as a hard and fast belief, and are making their argument to other people, they should be able to defend that belief with hard data/evidence.  If they can't, then they should question that belief, and question those who have propagated that narrative.

Prove I’m wrong. Or is that just your opinion?

Edited by gatorbait