Our Oline is abysmal

Yeezus

This is the biggest takeaway from TC so far for me. The dline and LB's are getting in the backfield so quickly on almost EVERY single play. It looks like the Offensive line isn't even attempting to block anyone. All the good QB throws would have been sacks in real games. 

Beane has done a decent job at improved our roster, but his failure to fix the oline is really going to hurt us this year, not only in the run game but with the development of Allen. The worst thing a team can do is put a rookie QB behind a shambles of a line. We are so lucky to have McCoy here because what he's working with is nothing short of amazing, can't remember how many times we failed to open up running holes last season, and that was with Woods and Richie. 

Imo Allen should not be starting until the oline shows improvement throughout the season. Don't care how good he might look in camp I'd rather have him learn from the sidelines then go in there and get his head knocked around and risk a major injury. 

Edited by Yeezus
  • Like (+1) 2

It is a work in progress. McDermott and Daboll have both said as much. 

That said, I really do not want to see them go 1  series and then sit on the bench in the pre-season opener. They need time together on the field. I would leave the 1st team o-line on into the 2nd Quarter. 

This thread is a classic example of why so many good posters have either left or no longer chime in.

NO ONE KNOWS HOW THE OL WILL PERFORM 

For the benefit of posters not prone to outlandish. unqualified rants from the peanut gallery, I’m shutting this down.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 10