Adolphus Washington not up for trade, per McBeane

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Me too! Hes going into year 3, year 2 in this scheme, he definitely has natural talent and was regarded as a penetrating DT. I can see him having a break out year . If him and Lawson can play to their potential we'll have a very deep and talented DL

man i sure hope so.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s Phillips twitter handle 

He was 1st team all American as a DT after Joey Bosa took his DE spot and he moved inside - even so I would say he’s more of a pass rusher who has the size to play inside vs a true penetrating DT who can also play the run (like a Dareus). He’s incredibly athletic for his size, Ive just felt he lacks football intelligence. 

That stuff I’m somewhat aware of. I was wondering how he did at DE prior to the shift. Can he provide any help on the outside?

36 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

That stuff I’m somewhat aware of. I was wondering how he did at DE prior to the shift. Can he provide any help on the outside?

He was good but not dominant. I don’t think his technique is refined when it comes to beating decent OTs. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I guess my point was what is the point in trading him for a low round draft pick? (Something Beane seems to value for some reason)

Keep him and see if he can improve. 

Usually DTs don't come into their own until their third or four year at the position, so it seems foolish to trade him at this point in his career, but Beane and McDermott haven't impressed me with their trading prowess despite the accolades from so many Bills fans.