No matter how you slice it....this offseason

Rudyc80

You cant sit there and tell me this offseason wasnt a disaster. First we ccut bledsoe and i was never a fan but now we have a rookie QB who did not look ready last year even in mop up duty. Then TD goes cheap and fails to sign Jennings or Williams which i can live with but how does TD not get 1 quality lineman at some point. We have missed out on some solid guys that would have helped our ROOKIE QB who now might be out cause of injury by week 3. Then TD basically says we will stick with Lindell and not draft nugent.

YA KNOW this franchise has missed the playoffs 5 years in a row and TD wants to make it 6. There is no way we are better then the jets, ravens, pats, jags, and probaly cinnci since they actually improved their team this winter unlike us who sat and watched.

Whats more painful is we have no 1st round pick and an untradeable player in henry. Not to mention we cut one of our BEST ST players in Preleau. Now you can mark this post down now or quote me...whatever you want but theres NO WAY IN HELL TD GETS NATE LOCKED UP LONG TERM OR MCGEE FOR THAT MATTER.....so i wonder what in the hell was all that restructuring for or the cuts or not resigning our own?

Sorry but you cannot tell me this team has any shot at postseason and taht our oline will be fine. Gandy is not a starter and was cut this past season. Also if anyone tells me that Peters is a lineman than i hope they dont complain when the bottom line reads JP Losman sets record for being sacked 90 times in one game. Please this line might be the worst in teh league and is laughable at this point. Put Teague wherever you want but regardless it sucks.

I just dont understand how TD can let us get worse instead of better while every other team has improved in our division. Mimai might have more quality as far as players than us. I guess i shouldnt be suprised since TD is the same guy who thinkslindell is solid and will miss out on the best kicker in the next 5 years in nugent.

what a great fuggin off season huh guys?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we're all billsfanone...... :-(

Rudy, I luv ya man. You are Eeyore from the Winnie the Pooh characters. Go out and drink a green beer tonight or several green beers. In two weeks something will happen that will restore your faith. Its early my friend. Rick DeMulling is not the second coming of Jim Richter or even John Davis....

If I ever meet you the first cold one is on me...people need to do some nice things for you.

You cant sit there and tell me this offseason wasnt a disaster. First we ccut bledsoe and i was never a fan but now we have a rookie QB who did not look ready last year even in mop up duty. Then TD goes cheap and fails to sign Jennings or Williams which i can live with but how does TD not get 1 quality lineman at some point.

277213[/snapback]

So cutting Bledsoe has become a negative?

TD goes cheap? Show me an article stating Jennings was NOT overpayed by frisco.

TD goes cheap? The Vikes payed TOP dollar for a 2 down second tier defensive tackle. If I'm paying that much scratch for a defensive lineman the dude better be able to rush the QB on passing downs.

This offseason was not a disaster if you plan on paying our REAL stars in the future. McGahee, Evans and Losman's bills will come due around the same time period. Having to deal with Pat William's dead cap space would be no day at the beach fella.

Am I the only one here who agrees with his post? Yeah sure he's doom and gloom all the time, but he does bring up some good points. Who's left that we can sign that's worth a damn for the left side of the line? I'm sorry but J.P is going to take a beating if it's anyone on our roster now taking Jonas' place.

The Bills have not improved this offseason. We don't even have a first round pick.

My god people, its less than a month into the offseason! If, when training camp starts, we still dont have a LT and LG, then feel free to go nuts and climb a clock tower. But considering that we havent even hit the three-week milestone of free agency yet, I'm amazed so many people (aside from Rudy) are freaking out.

Waiting sucks...I know. We'd all like to have Shelton on this team tomorrow, along with a starting LG and a backup RB. It will happen though.

Once again you post a SIF post, and abandon it. If it wasn't for your avatar i might be tempted to use the ignore feature for the first time.

Rudy it is OK to come out of your bomb shelter, the sky is not falling, and the Bills are not having a terrible off season. Thank god we didn't overpay for JJ or phat Pat, it would have crippled us in the coming years. As far as losing Prioleau I definitely won't lose any sleep over that, and neither should you. You yourself said HE SUCKS.

Preleau...plain and simple......HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Ive always said this and can wait till this bum is cut!

I think TD is taking a smart and calculated approach to FA. We are going to start the 2005 season with 10 of our 11 starters on defense and probably 8-9 of our offensive starters. We have excellent coaches and a core group of players who can take us to the playoffs. Will that happen, I don't know for sure, but I like our chances.

Relax a little and let things play out.

I think the football gods smiled on us by giving us a draft with some really damn good interior O-Lineman available.

The Bills could manage to get the best center in the draft (Spencer) and then use their 3rd rounder on a Guard like Evan Mathis or Marcus Johnson, both of whom strike me as players who could dominate in the near future. Especially Mathis, I really like this kid. Big, strong and athletic...not to mention versatile since he played Guard and Tackle in his career.

Don't worry I think TD moves up to the top 10 and get's us Alex Barron.  He will be the starting LT for us for 15+ years.

277292[/snapback]

I actually think that TD might trade up to get David Baas if he's still around in the 2nd. A player who is ready to start from Day One. The Bills were apparently hanging off of him at the Combine.

You cant sit there and tell me this offseason wasnt a disaster. First we ccut bledsoe and i was never a fan but now we have a rookie QB who did not look ready last year even in mop up duty. Then TD goes cheap and fails to sign Jennings or Williams which i can live with but how does TD not get 1 quality lineman at some point. We have missed out on some solid guys that would have helped our ROOKIE QB who now might be out cause of injury by week 3. Then TD basically says we will stick with Lindell and not draft nugent.

YA KNOW this franchise has missed the playoffs 5 years in a row and TD wants to make it 6. There is no way we are better then the jets, ravens, pats, jags, and probaly cinnci since they actually improved their team this winter unlike us who sat and watched.

Whats more painful is we have no 1st round pick and an untradeable player in henry. Not to mention we cut one of our BEST ST players in Preleau. Now you can mark this post down now or quote me...whatever you want but theres NO WAY IN HELL TD GETS NATE LOCKED UP LONG TERM OR MCGEE FOR THAT MATTER.....so i wonder what in the hell was all that restructuring for or the cuts or not resigning our own?

Sorry but you cannot tell me this team has any shot at postseason and taht our oline will be fine. Gandy is not a starter and was cut this past season. Also if anyone tells me that Peters is a lineman than i hope they dont complain when the bottom line reads JP Losman sets record for being sacked 90 times in one game. Please this line might be the worst in teh league and is laughable at this point. Put Teague wherever you want but regardless it sucks.

I just dont understand how TD can let us get worse instead of better while every other team has improved in our division. Mimai might have more quality as far as players than us. I guess i shouldnt be suprised since TD is the same guy who thinkslindell is solid and will miss out on the best kicker in the next 5 years in nugent.

277213[/snapback]

OK...here we go....

- We dont know that this offseason was a diaster yet...we really dont

- The SUBSTRACTION of having to hold the line for 4 seconds on every single play.....take any kind of mobile QB type play out of our offensive playbook is a ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION

- TD goes CHEAP by not signing Jennings? Who most have said was grossly overpaid....ever stop and think that maybe he is trying to get things in order so he can sign a much HIGHER talent in Nate Clement?

- We cannot use a high pick on a kicker when WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS

- Yes we have no first round pick......WE USED IT LAST YEAR TO GET A QB WITH GREAT POTENTIAL....along with our other first round pick on a blazing fast wideout

- Do you think that there are absolutley no other solid veteran players out there? Did you ever stop and think that maybe TD is waiting for one to pop free due to all the fricken money these teams are overspending to get mediocre free agents.....a player or two or three ALWAYS pops up on the market due to those reasons.....

- Yes....TD is INTENTIALLY trying to get the team to miss the playoffs.... :w00t:

- Jesus....this would take me forever...just stay away from the sharp knives in the kitchen for me and wait until the whole thing has played out?

277213[/snapback]

:w00t: :w00t:

You forgot about the letters from Erie County to OBD regarding the lease, make sure you get that in there too.