Shady McCoy: "I Have More to Prove"

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

How many PED tests did Lance Armstrong fail?

How about Roger Clemens?

The NFL testing routine is less than rigorous and allows for manipulation of samples.  This is a well documented criticism of the NFL testing program.  Former players have said PEDs are still widely used, yet so few players get busted every year.

Who knows it McCoy was/is a user (and really, who cares?), but citing "never failed a test" is obviously a poor argument, given the history of PEDs and testing in sports.

Using Armstrong and Clemens as examples is pretty poor with both achieving off the charts results out of nowhere. NFL players have and do get caught in random sampling. The anti-McCoy sentiment and arguments go on.  At least your bias is consistent.   

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How about Roger Clemens?

The NFL testing routine is less than rigorous and allows for manipulation of samples.  This is a well documented criticism of the NFL testing program.  Former players have said PEDs are still widely used, yet so few players get busted every year.

Who knows if McCoy was/is a user (and really, who cares?), but citing "never failed a test" is obviously a poor argument, given the history of PEDs and testing in sports.

Let's go right ahead and add blood doping to these allegations since you suggested it.  Although you have to tweet it to be credible.

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Using Armstrong and Clemens as examples is pretty poor with both achieving off the charts results out of nowhere. NFL players have and do get caught in random sampling. The anti-McCoy sentiment and arguments go on.  At least your bias is consistent.   

I used the most famous pro athlete doping scandals in sports history to show you why pointing out "testing negative" is not meaningful.  It's a ridiculous argument given what history and current events tell us.  Smart players with good chemists beat the testing.  That's why the testing continuously evolves (Edelman).  But the NFL testing regimen is hardly rigorous.

How did you not get that?  Yes, players get caught.  Many never do, so why even mention it?  

And again, I'm not "biased" against McCoy---look at all he is gifting us in this off season!  I mean Sammy's gone, Dareus is providing drama and pages of threads for another team's fans now,  Ambassador Incognito lost his mind and is gone,  Clueless Doug Whaley is scouting D-list college players for the NFLPA Toilet Bowl........all we have for now is "Shady", until camp starts.  

I'm enjoying this as much as you are.  Admit it.  Are you not entertained?  

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I used the most famous pro athlete doping scandals in sports history to show you why pointing out "testing negative" is not meaningful.  It's a ridiculous argument given what history and current events tell us.  Smart players with good chemists beat the testing.  That's why the testing continuously evolves (Edelman).  But the NFL testing regimen is hardly rigorous.

How did you not get that?  Yes, players get caught.  Many never do, so why even mention it?  

And again, I'm not "biased" against McCoy---look at all he is gifting us in this off season!  I mean Sammy's gone, Dareus is providing drama and pages of threads for another team's fans now,  Ambassador Incognito lost his mind and is gone,  Clueless Doug Whaley is scouting D-list college players for the NFLPA Toilet Bowl........all we have for now is "Shady", until camp starts.  

I'm enjoying this as much as you are.  Admit it.  Are you not entertained?  

What you pointed out from many years ago doesn't really apply to testing in the NFL in 2018. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What you pointed out from many years ago doesn't really apply to testing in the NFL in 2018. 

From a 2017 CNN article:  "

"Former players have said PEDs, which can include human growth hormone, testosterone and even the ADHD drug Adderall, are rampant. But Atallah doesn't profess to know the degree to which NFL players are taking such drugs. 
"I don't know the answer," he said. "Only the players in the locker room know."

Atallah is in charge of "External Affairs"  for the NFLPA.

"
"The NFL, for example, is far less vigorousEach week during the season, which runs from September to February, the NFLPA randomly selects 10 players per team to be tested for testing. Though specimens may be collected any day of the week, the collection of blood specimens is prohibited on game days, and a player cannot be asked for more than six blood tests per year. 
For NFL specimens collected at a training facility or a stadium, players have up to three hours to deliver it from the time they were notified. For specimens collected anywhere else, such as their home, the player has to schedule a time for specimen collection within 24 hours of notification."

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How about Roger Clemens?

Who knows if McCoy was/is a user (and really, who cares?), but citing "never failed a test" is obviously a poor argument, given the history of PEDs and testing in sports.

Did you see what Lance was doing for the testing? He knew he was getting tested. It's an awful comparison.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Did you see what Lance was doing for the testing? He knew he was getting tested. It's an awful comparison.

He was proving that testing protocols that are not  "rigorous" can be beaten.....